Chapter 8

"Link..."

"Link!"

"LINK! OPEN YOUR EYES, SLEEPYHEAD, BREAKFAST IS READY!"

"Huh...? What time is it," the Hylian said, quickly sitting up in his bed.

Wait what- That can't be right... My bed? I thought I was in the City... What am I doing back in my room?! This makes no sense at all... Zelda... Saria... Were they nothing but people in a dream...?

Link stood up to be greeted by his carpeted floor but thanks to his grogginess he didn't even notice it as he went over to open his light green curtains and bask in the sunlight that poured in through them.

Sure enough, everything was still the same. His room with all his trophies and video games strewn across the floor, his view of Malon's slightly faded yellow house across the street... Everything!

Within seconds, a familiar clicking sound appeared down the hallway, immediately telling him to go over and open his bedroom door. The moment he did he was jumped on and landed on the floor with a soft thump within seconds.

"Down boy! Down," he laughed, trying to get away from the Husky that was practically pinning him down. When Hero was just a pup, it wasn't as hard to get away but now... Now that's a whole another story.  "Hero... Sit! Stop it! Please!"

The dog finally complied and sat down, turning his head slightly to look at Link, tail wagging uncontrollably.

Link chuckled to himself as he bent down and patted Hero's head softly.

"Heh, looks like someone's pretty happy today, huh? I'll be able to play when I get home... Right now I need to get ready for school.

The Hylian boy went over to his dresser, pulling out a pair of dark green sweatpants and a white T-shirt.

Well, not being in the City means no uniform... I guess I'm lucky about that.

After getting dressed he threw on his favorite light blue hoodie and rushed downstairs to get breakfast.

"Hey aunt Cece," the Hylian said as his aunt turned and put a plate for him on the table and he eyed the plate hungrily.

"Wait a minute... Why are you so silent today? It's not like you..."

His aunt Celia looked at him silently, tilting her head slightly and giving her nephew a confused look.

"Are you okay? This is kinda weird, are you giving me the silent treatment?"

At that, she smiled and turned back around, beginning to wash the dishes.

"Heh, look whose quiet today, guess you can't call me a mute anymore!"

His aunt opened her mouth to answer, her response only causing him to nearly fall off his chair.

"BEEP. BEEP. BEEP."

"Haha auntie, very funny-"

"BEEP. BEEP. BEEP."

"Why are you mocking the sound of... MY ALARM!-"

Link sat up in bed quickly before reaching over to check his phone.

Well, would you look at that... I guess I still am in the City... AND I'M ABOUT TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL! WHAT A WAY TO RUIN MY REPUTATION AND STREAK OF BEING EARLY-

The Hylian boy quickly grabbed his uniform clothes from the chair at his desk and rushed tried to put them on as fast as possible, which resulted in him hopping on one foot into the living room with his phone in his mouth as he tried to pull up his pants as well as get to the kitchen to make toast.