Chapter Five

The next morning John woke up and realized Katie was gone. He sighed heavily, and walked to the kitchen. He sits down on the table, turns on the TV to try to take his mind off things but is interrupted when his cell phone rang. He looked at it vibrate on the table, undecided on whether to pick it up or not. John lazily reaches for the phone and answers it.

"Hello?"

"Hey John its' me David."

"Hey Dave what's up?"

"Oh nothing much, I saw Katie Johnson leave your house. What was that all about?"

"Really, really long story." John said rubbing his tired eyes. A look of confusion appeared on John's face. "Wait you, you saw her leave my house? Where are you?"

"Uh... well...I'll be there in two minutes."

David hung up the phone. John sat there at the table and thought about what David was doing watching his house.

"Probably just perving on Katie." he muttered to himself.

John looked around and saw the box of Captain Crunch sitting on the table. He picked it up and throwed it against the wall, spilling it everywhere.

"Hey, I thought you loved Captain Crunch." David laughed.

"So what were you doing here, stalking me or Katie?" John laughed.

"Hahaha." David said sarcastically. "I have your batarangs. But why was Katie Johnson, the most popular girl in school doing at your house?" David threw his bag by John's feet.

"She had some problems. She just needed help that's all." John sighed.

"Oh ok." David said heading towards his refrigerator.

John noticed something different about David but he couldn't put his finger on it. As he looked harder he finally noticed it.

"Hey Dave. You wearing makeup?" John asked.

"Uh...yeah. I fell off my bike yesterday and scratched my face pretty bad so I used my mom's makeup to cover it up."

John looked at him with suspicion and doubt. "But I thought your bike got trashed last week and you couldn't get a new one until Christmas."

David's eyes met John's. "Early...gift." he said.

"Hey Dave, you said you have my batarangs?" John said while quietly going through his bag.

"You know what. I thought I had them but I forgot them at my house."

"Then why do I have them in my hands?" John asked. "And why do they wreak of bleach?"

"John, you know how you hate Katie Johnson?" David asked deviously.

"Not enough to rape or kill her." John said while pulling bloodied clothes out of the bag.

"Man John, your so smart." David said pulling a gun out of his coat pocket. "But your also very stupid. You shouldn't have said anything because now I have to kill you."

"But why? Just tell me that." John said.

"Because I had it with her. Treating us like shit. Thinking she's better than everyone else I'M JUST SICK OF IT!"

"So our past means nothing then? Our friendship ends with you putting me down like a dog in the street?"

David switched the safety off of his silenced pistol and said in a voice that was as cold death. "Yes."

John closed his eyes to make it seem like he was giving up but he secretly reached for his batarangs, knowing if he couldn't get them he would die. But at long last he felt them and secretly had them in his possession.

"Wait!" John yelled. "Don't I get my last words?"

"You watch too many movies John. But sure what the hell...Well what are they?"

"Screw you!" he yelled throwing one of the batarangs.

The batarang hit and impaled David's shoulder. David fell to the ground and John ran for the gun and got hold of it but got punched in the face. The two wrestled. David threw John against the wall and David pointed the gun at him.

"Man I wish you can see what we have planned for your new girlfriend."

"What do you mean we?"

"I'm not in this alone, me and Todd, Benny, Jerry and George are planning a little revenge." David smiled.

John furious, charges at David and tackles him causing David to misfire. John gets up and sees David leaned up against the wall with his shoulder and chest bleeding. David tries to get up but John kicks him in the chest with all his power causing him to fall back on the ground struggling to breathe.