Chapter Seven

John limps to the back of the house and sees Katie still tied to the chair sitting at the edge of the dock with Todd standing in front of her.

"Just calm down Todd. Just let her go."

"Why? So I can spend the rest of my life in jail. This was supposed to be an easy job you know. Dave going to scare her, then us kidnapping and killing her and to throw her to the bottom of the lake. But no...you had to get feelings for her!"

John pointed the gun at him. "Just give it up! It's over!"

Todd smiled and kicked Katie into the water. John shot Todd throwing him in the lake along with her. John ran as fast as he could and dove into the lake. He swam down about ten feet when he finally made it to Katie. He used the batarangs to cut the rope and swam back to the surface before passing out.

John threw Katie on the dock. Her skin was pale, her body motionless. John placed his hand on her chest and didn't feel a heart beat. John pressed his lips against hers and blew air into her lungs. John pumped her chest. Nothing. He repeated that process several times until he felt a heartbeat.

Her eyes opened and water exited out of her mouth as she choked and coughed. She can barely talk let alone move. John heard rustling in the bushes and grabbed the assault rifle and aimed it at them. Once he saw that it was Jerry he dropped it.

"What about the bodies?" Jerry asked.

"We turn ourselves in." John replied.

Jerry didn't argue. He just walked over to John and Katie and lied there beside them. John pulled his iphone from his pocket.

"Thank God for the life proof cases." John said. John and Jerry let out a small laugh.

John dials 911 and the lights slowly fade to black.