Epilogue

After spending two weeks in the hospital, Katie was getting dressed to go to her last week of high school. Her parents, teachers and doctor told her to stay home but Katie insisted on going.

   Katie opened the door and the chilly, wintery air that rushed over her was an unfriendly reminder of what happened weeks prior. She walked to her car and drove off. On the way she spotted John and Jerry walking and pulled over.

   "Hey love, come on I'll give you a ride."

   She pulls into the school parking lot and when everyone saw her hand in hand with John and Jerry right next to them, they just stood there in awe. Never in a million years did they think that Katie Johnson, the most popular girl in town would go out with John McGovern, the most unpopular boy in town. Katie's ex best friend started laughing and pointing at them.

   The couple and their best friend walk past her with their middle fingers held high and walked into the school.

   Soon after high school John got accepted into a college in Chicago and Katie got accepted into Coastal Carolina but that didn't stop them from continuing their friendship. From time to time John or Katie and Jerry would drive up to visit and talk about that horrid night that brought them closer than ever.