Chapter 21

Sleepless nights

◇◇◇

"Oh no," Aster sighed as she sat in the Great Hall. Fred, George, Lucy, Lance and Cedric surrounded her in comfort. Aster held a bar of untouched chocolate in her hand as she sat over lunch. "First Hermione, now Ginny," she sadly croaked, "where is Ron?"

"No idea," the twins echoed each other.

"Eat some chocolate Aster," Fred whispered, trying to get her on a different subject. 

She's been in a mood ever since Hermione had been petrified. Aster visited the hospital wing everyday when she had the chance to. She even made a card for Hermione if she ever was cured if she wasn't back.  The twins have been bothered as well, but now that Ginny had gotten in trouble, Aster hadn't been able to cooperate the same from day to day. She even missed classes because she didn't have enough energy or the will to change out of her pyjamas.

"I'm not hungry," she muttered, standing up, she threw the bar down on the table and walked to her common room. The group sadly stared at her and realized that this thing was affecting her the most out of everyone who wasn't petrified.

◇◇◇

For the rest of the day, Aster found herself sitting in the common room waiting for news of Hermione. Even if she had skipped her last class of the day, she wanted to hear at least something good.

"Aster, please come to get dinner," Lance begged, "you didn't eat lunch, you need something," he whined, grabbing her arm and pulling her. "Cedric, help," he groaned as Aster stayed on the couch. The older boy nodded and swiftly picked her up with ease.

"I don't want food," Aster finally said after no reply for a while.

"Too bad you're eating even if we have to hand feed you," Cedric argued, making Aster shut up for the rest of the way to dinner, except for the argument of letting her walk on her own. But as both of them knew her, she would probably run back to the common room if they did.

Once they finally entered the Great Hall, Cedric set her down on the bench. "Come on," Lance urged her, putting a sandwich on her plate, "Eat up."

◇◇◇

"Aster," Lance nudged the girl who fell asleep on the couch, "Aster, wake up they're okay."

"Who?" Aster mumbled, moving around in her seat.

"Ginny, she's back," Lance rushed, she quickly opened her eyes and sat up, "come on."

That's what led Aster and Lance running down the halls and to the medical hall. As they dodged students and neared the hall, Aster felt nervousness and excitement build up.

The doors swung open and immediately, Aster bolts to the two girls who were surrounded by the twins. She bombarded them with a hug that lasted a minute. "I'm so glad you guys are okay," she cried happily, "my goodness."

"Told you," Fred nudged Ginny as Aster let go of the two.

"Shut up, I'm just so happy you guys are okay," she started saying again, hugging them once again.

"I'm beginning to think mum took over," George muttered, causing the two girls to laugh. "Come on, Harry and Ron would be glad to see you, 'Mione," George added, turning to the door and towards the Great Hall.

♤♤♤