Chapter 46

Getting Potter

◇◇◇

The wait was killing her. She sat next to Ginny, looking outside, waiting for any sign of them. Aster understood how dangerous this task was for them and what risks they had doing this. She hated how nervous she was. That's until one of the Harry's appeared with Hagrid leant on him.

Ginny and Aster ran outside with Molly meeting them to help Hagrid and tend to any wounds. Aster healed a scratch and bandaged his forehead to stop a bit of bleeding. The first pair was alright. Then a crackle was heard outside and Aster bolted out to meet them. It was Lupin and a bloodied Harry who grew red hair, eventually turning into George.

Aster gasped and rushed towards him to bring him inside onto the couch to rest. Aster paused at the sight of his ear missing but quickly grabbed her wand and started clearing the blood to put a band-aid on it. "Oh, Jesus, fuck, what happened," Aster muttered, making George chuckle.

"You swore," he sang, "so telling Fred," he joked making Aster smile lightly. She was astonished about how he was able to still make her smile when something horrible happened.

Aster turned her head to see Fred running towards them, as Aster moved over, he slid in front of George. "How you feeling Georgie?"

"Saintlike," George smirked at his brother.

"Pardon?"

"Saintlike," he pointed to his missing ear, "get it? I'm holey, Fred." Aster chuckled softly as Fred shook his head.

"Pathetic, out of all ear-related humour, you go with I'm holey?" He chuckled.

◇◇◇

Bill and Fleur were getting married. And it would be an understatement to say that Aster was excited for him. From the few times she had seen him, she liked the lad and was happy to see him happy. Aster was getting ready in her shared room with Ginny when Fred walked by and saw her fixing her hair for the tenth time.

"It's beautiful anyway, love," he said, walking in and hugging her from behind. He looked in the mirror and saw that she was in a beautiful blue dress that fell to her knees with the necklace he got her and the bracelet on her wrist. "Might steal the attention away from Fleur," Fred muttered, "or at least my attention that is."

"Bill asked me to play the violin so they can have their first dance to it," Aster told him as she looked from the mirror to the violin that sat on the desk.

"You'll do amazing," he mumbled, looking at her reflection. "You," he started to say something but stopped and started a different sentence. "I," he stuttered again and tried to resay his words, but failed again making Aster chuckle as he laughed at himself and kissed her head.

"I love you," she whispered, "you know that?" She looked in the mirror at Fred who was calmly resting his head on hers. "I think my friends get annoyed by how much I talk about you," she chuckled causing him to give the goofy smile she loves. "Look at me Fred," Aster whined as she watched him prop his chin on her head and look at her with a smile. Aster smiled and held his hands that were around her waist.

"You're so lovable you know that?" Fred gushed as he kissed her cheek, then her and ending up tickling her with kisses. Eventually pulling apart so Aster can 'help set up' as she put it. He followed her outside as she held his pinkie with her own and having the violin in the other.

Aster did play her violin and it was amazing. She hit every note perfectly and the tempo was just right as Bill and Fleur danced to the music. Once she finished the song, Bill nodded to Aster thankfully as he and Fleur bowed and let people onto the floor to dance. Aster put down her instrument and stood by Fred. For the rest of the wedding, she stood with Fred, whether he was talking or sitting. She was with him and she watched as he laughed and smiled. She'd join in on conversations when seemed fit and would dance with him when they wanted to.

But when the Patronus came from Shacklebolt, she was still with them. She took his hand as he ran around and took Ginny's and George's hand to make sure they were safe before Aster apparated out of the Burrow and outside a small cottage by the lake. Fred, George, and Ginny look around and notice Aster on the ground bleeding. All at once, they helped lift her up and into the house, knowing it must be Lupins.

They set her on the couch and immediately tried to find where the bleeding was coming from. "Guys," Aster chuckled a bit regretting it as it caused her side to sting. "I might be bleeding a bit," she smiled jokingly looking at them, George and Fred smiled, but Ginny was determined to help her.

Once they found the gash in her side, pulling her shirt up to reveal more blood, Ginny held her wand up, "any tips?" She asked Aster.

"Tergeo," Aster moved her finger in a direction lazily, "wave it gently." She instructed Ginny, who did what she was told, resulting in a clearer cut on her side. Now they were able to help patch it up. 

Ginny looked at her for instructions but saw that she was slowly closing her eyes. "Aster," she said loudly, "Aster stay with me." Ginny shook her before attempting to think of a spell, but nothing coming to mind.

"Vulnera Sanentur," Aster murmured, "made by a teacher actually and it's a hard one, but you're strong enough," Aster encouraged her. Ginny nodded and attempted the incantation, however it only slightly worked. "Episkey," Ginny was hesitant with this one but did it anyway. Aster hissed in pain, but the result was fascinating.

"Aster, it worked," Ginny gasped as she marvelled at her knowledge of healing, "what now?"

"Ferula, lightly, but that's all for now," Aster muttered as if she was falling asleep. Ginny nodded and waved her wand over Aster's body and said the incantation. Soon enough, bandages began wrapping themselves around her body.

Aster soon fell asleep, leaving the three sitting in the unfamiliar living room. They locked the door and put up protective spells around the house, taking turns to watch Aster. As they silently worked together, George and Ginny would occasionally hear Fred mutter something to Aster as he watched her.

However, later in the night, she began to wake up. But it wasn't pleasant to her as she wanted it to be. First, it started refreshingly as she opened her eyes. Then, it was painful, then even more painful when she tried to stand up but saw the three of them sleeping on the couch and floor, calming her nerves slightly.

Silently, she was able to walk up the stairs and change into more suitable clothing that wasn't a dress and getting some things for Ginny as well. After changing, she slid back downstairs with her favourite cardigan she stole from Lupin and her stuffed dog. She quietly went to the kitchen and was able to make a few sandwiches for them with what was left in the fridge.

She sat back in the living room and sat the tray of food on the coffee table with much effort. Watching the twins and Ginny calmed her greatly. As she finished her sandwich, the sun seemed to be coming up. One by one each of the siblings woke up a minute apart. Smiling when they see Aster handing them each a sandwich.

"When did you learn about healing?" Ginny asked as they ate their sandwiches.

"Well, when Umbridge was at Hogwarts, I had to do something in that class, so I read up on spells and charms," she told her with a shrug. "Umbridge didn't really give a shit about me anyway, probably knew I was a lost cause for Defense Against The Dark Arts stuff."

"Lost cause?" Fred chuckled.

"Yeah, says the one who actually helped save herself," George grinned, "you're brilliant that's what."

"Guys, it sounds nice, but I don't think I can go into healing," Aster told them with a sigh.

"Madam Pomfrey would love to work with you though," Ginny smiled. "Why couldn't you?"

"Well, there's a war starting," Aster chuckled to herself. "And on our last exams, I needed to get all O's but kinda didn't," she admitted.

"We can talk to McGonagall when this is all finished," Fred told her, "I'm sure she'd love to have you working there."

♤♤♤