Chapter 31

Furry Problems

◇◇◇

Señor Wolfy, thank you so much for the picture, the dress I picked out is almost the same and I love it. I hope you were okay this month, it just pasted and I haven't heard from you yet. The ball was fun and really cool. Please be safe and know I care.

Much love, Aster

◇◇◇

"Hey, Harry," Aster approached him as they walked to the library, "have you heard from uh- him, recently?" She asked, not sure of what to call Sirius yet.

"Oh, Snuffles, yeah, is there something wrong?" He replied immediately concerned.

"Well, I'm not sure, the full moon just pasted last weekend and I still haven't heard from Remus," Aster told him sadly, "I'm worried."

"Hey," he tried to comfort her, "I'm sure he's alright, maybe he's caught up in work or he can't send an owl straight away," he tried to assure the sad girl.

"Yeah," she sighed, "what are you up to?"

"Well, I haven't found out the clue yet, so I gotta do that," Harry nodded, "I was going to go to the library, wanna join?"

"Sure, two heads are better than one," she accepted.

"What did Cedric say to you again?" Aster asked looking up from her book.

"He just said take the egg to a bath and let it clear your head," Harry repeated as he laid his head on the book, looking at Aster who flipped through the book she was reading.

"Can you describe the noise you heard?" Aster asked once more.

"Shrieking, like a woman or a high pitched sound," he remembered the horrific sound.

"Maybe you should take the egg to the bath," she concluded closing her book, "whatever it is, it probably doesn't like air."

"What?" Harry asked confused once again.

"Harry," Aster sighed, "whenever you open it in the air, it makes that horrifying noise, but maybe if you put it in another element, it would actually do something."

◇◇◇

Aster, I'm sorry to have worried you. I was still resting, it was a rough couple of days then, but I'm fine now. I'm glad you enjoyed the ball and I'm sure you looked stunning. Thank you for caring about me, and tell Harry I say good luck on the next task. As always, be safe.

Much care, R.J. Wolfy

PS~ here's some more of that chocolate you liked

Aster smiled at the letter as she sat in front of the fire in the common room. She held the chocolate in her hand, a piece already taken off from the temptation. She silently sat in the common room as students walked about and talked to one another. 

"Hey Aster," Cedric greeted the girl who sat alone, "did Harry get the clue yet?"

"Hopefully by now, he has," she smiled as he sat down next to her. "The kid, I care about him, but he's just sometimes so clueless." Cedric laughed with a shrug.

"What've you been reading?" He smiled, grabbing the book that was laying lazily on her leg. "You've been reading up on werewolves?"

"Yeah," she muttered, grabbing at the book, "I've been catching up on my studies," she shrugged for an excuse.

"We learned about werewolves last year," Cedric countered, "we're learning about the curses and how to protect ourselves."

"Cedric," she sighed before being interrupted by Lance jumping on the couch in between them. "Lance."

"Aster," Cedric gained her attention.

"Cedric," Lance smiled at the two, "Aster, what's up."

"I was about to ask Cedric about the next task," Aster nodded, steering the conversation away, "any thoughts on what it is?"

"It has to do with merpeople I believe," he nodded, "I have to hold my breath underwater as well, and I'm stumped."

"Bubblehead charm," Aster said quickly looking at him with a knowing look. "Human Transfiguration, we started learning about it this year mate, did you forget."

"Genius," Lance smiled in awe of his friend, "my best friend is a genius."

"You are, but I have no idea how," Cedric sighed.

"I can help you, it's tricky at first but I think you can get it in time for the task," Aster assured him with a smile.

◇◇◇

"Harry," Aster called out, walking away from Fred who was taking bets from people. Harry turned and waved at the girl as he took something from Neville, "Wolfy- I mean Lupin and I wish you luck," Aster hugged him, "you have something right?"

"Yep," he smiled, holding up his hand revealing a slimy grey plant.

"Gillyweed, brilliant," she sighed, "good luck Harry."

"Wait, have you seen Ron?"

"No, I haven't seen Hermione either," Aster shrugged before turning away to meet Fred and stand in the crowd of people. They resumed their position next to McGonagall, making Aster smile.

Dumbledore announced and reintroduced the champions and their status. The goal of the task is to collect something that has been taken from them, something they care most about. As the champions went into the water, Harry seemed to have the most difficulty. As Neville panicked, Aster patted his back as Harry flipped out of the water and yelled in success.

"Hello, McGonagall," Aster drawled out causing the professor to mentally roll her eyes, "something fishy is going on down there," she nodded to the lake they four were under, "wish I could sea what was going on."

"Ms Fiore," McGonagall sighed, "please pay attention to the task."

"Don't just wave off these cool jokes," Aster laughed as she turned away to look at the two twins who were gathering bets from students.

More time went by and Fleur came out, attacked by the Grindylows and didn't come back with her sister. Cedric came out with Cho Chang, a proud smile on his face. Next, Viktor came out with Hermione. Aster ran up to her with a towel as she gasped for air and shivering from the water. Then ten minutes passed and Harry hadn't shown up yet, it was ten minutes past the time he was supposed to have.

Then Ron and Fleur's sister came up to the surface, as they came onto the platform, Harry shot out of the lake and landed on the platform, gasping for air. "Harry, you're alright," Aster smiled as she hugged the soaked boy. Dumbledore announced the winner of the task Cedric got first, Harry second for saving two people, Viktor third, and Fleur last as she didn't get her sister.

Señor Wolfy, Harry got second place in the task! Happy New Year as well. I bought some chocolate and sweets for you, I read that sometimes it makes recovery better to eat chocolate. Do you think that I will be able to see you over the summer? How is Sirius? I hope you're well.

Love, Aster

♤♤♤