Chapter 36

Changes and the Devil Herself

◇◇◇

"Are you sure?" Molly asked the girl for the tenth time, "you can always stay with us after school."

"Thank you, Molly," Aster smiled, "I'll visit you guys after school, don't worry, I'm not leaving forever." Molly nodded, "and we still have Christmas holiday as well."

"You're right I suppose," Molly hugged her as Aster grabbed her bag and got ready to go on the train with the others. "See you soon."

"Bye," Aster waved to the others and patted the black dog's head, "be a good boy, Snuffles."

◇◇◇

"Hey Luke," Aster warmly said to her friend who was sitting in a compartment alone. "How's everything?"

Luke looked up at and smiled, their now shortened hair looked lighter and swooped over their forehead. "Alright, how are you?"

"Okay, why don't you join us?" Aster suggested pointing out to the corridor, "seems a bit lonely in here." Aster smiled as their face lit up and nodded, Aster helped carry their items and lead down the corridor to the compartment with the others.

"Won't they hate me?" Luke asked worried about their decision.

"It'll be fine, I told them a simpler version of the story but just not telling them exactly what happened," Aster told them. "I promise you they won't hate you," she held out her pinkie before arriving at the compartment. "Guys," she smiled as she knocked on the door, "this is Luke." Luke waved hesitantly looking at the twins, the two looked at them with a smile. Fortunately for Luke, they all welcomed her with opened arms.

Unfortunately for everyone at Hogwarts, they had to deal with the most unfair, rude, and a foul person they had met. It was a new year and since the last Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher ended up being an escaped death eater and tried to attack Harry, they got a new teacher. And this one irked and ticked off every one of the students.

◇◇◇

"Aster," Hermione came up to her a few weeks after the start of school. Aster turned and saw the peeved looked on her face.

"Bad class with her again?" Aster guessed, Hermione nodded and sighed. "Yeah, she isn't teaching us anything, we aren't learning how to defend ourselves, it's hell."

"Yeah, I was about to talk to the others about it," she spoke as she shook her head. "How's Moony?"

"He's alright, it's the full moon this weekend and it's been a tough week," Aster sighed, "what are you going to do about classes?"

"Well, I was thinking," Hermione started, looking around for teachers first, "maybe we if taught ourselves," she planned. "We can find someone capable of teaching us."

"Brilliant, Hermione," Aster smiled, "really."

◇◇◇

Umbridge walked into the classroom where Choir was held. As they sang she walked around, looking impressed at first. As she looked around with her tight face, she glanced at the golden stream. She gave a noise of satisfaction. This had let Flitwick have a small victory, not until Umbridge pulled out a pink measuring tape and embarrassed him, causing Aster to grit her teeth as she played.

◇◇◇

"Shut up Smith," Aster spat at the rude Hufflepuff, "it's not like you're any better."