Chapter 33

Chocolate Game

◇◇◇

"Molly," Aster said in a calming voice, "you know we're of age, and we know you just want us to be safe but it's time to tell us." She looked at the older witch with soft eyes, hoping to finally learn about what was going on.

"Alright," Molly gave in, "but only what's appropriate, nothing more."

As Sirius told them about what was going on and Harry was asking questions, Sirius let slip about a secret weapon. "What's this weapon about?" Harry asked looking from Molly to Sirius.

"Nothing you need to worry about, now get to bed, all of you," Molly ushered everyone out of the room into their bedrooms. 

◇◇◇

"People, people everywhere," Aster muttered to herself as she closed the bedroom door behind her. "Even early in the morning, don't these people sleep?" She threw herself on the bed and looked up at the grey ceiling. She sat in the bedroom for a while until she decided to practise her violin, something she hadn't done in a while alone.

This time she played her mother's song, and she felt all her frustration of people lift off her shoulders. The room filled with the gold river and travelled around her as she played, lighting up the darkness of the room. From downstairs Sirius and Lupin could hear the girl faintly playing, due to their senses being heightened. Her playing was beautiful and they could hear the emotion in the song as she played. 

"Lupin," Molly tried to get his attention, "Remus, did you hear me?" After saying his name he was pulled back from his daze.

"Sorry, Molly," he smiled, "go on."

"Aster, you got a letter," Lupin knocked on her door before entering, "from Lucy?"

Aster groaned and turned over on the bed, waking up from a short nap, "ew," she muttered.

"Who's Lucy?" He asked, sitting on the edge of her bed, "a friend, well maybe not by how you reacted," he muttered to himself after saying that.

"She was a friend," Aster sighed, turned over again and looked at him, "she kinda did something that hurt me, so I stopped talking to her."

"Oh, it must be bad, you like everyone," Lupin smiled trying to make the girl smile, "what happened?"

"She was a close friend for like, five or something years, but then she kinda just stopped talking to me and Lance, another friend," she explained. "I'm fine with whatever, but she hurt Lance by turning to this lad who bullied Lance and it just struck a red flag to me."

"Well," he turned to her. "Maybe you should read the letter, it might clear things up, but if it doesn't and ends up being mean or rude, I know a few tricks to annoy her," he said with a wink.

"Thanks, Wolfy," Aster smiled finally as he stood up.

"Oh yeah, I found some chocolate in my case," he took out a purple wrapped chocolate bar that looked like a piece was taken out of it, "sorry, I was quite hungry."

"It's fine, thank you," she nodded as she took the chocolate, "would you like to share it actually, sit and talk for a while, the chocolate game?" The chocolate game was something Aster made between them when one would start off with a bar and they'd give a square of chocolate to the other when they asked a question. It was a way they could bond and also share chocolate, especially when they only had one bar left.

"I'd love to," he smiled sitting back down as she moved so he could fit on the bed as well.

"So, you," she said taking a square of chocolate off and handing him a piece and taking one off for herself, "what were you really like when you were in school?"

"Really like?" He thought for a minute and placed the square in his mouth, "what did Sirius tell you?"

"You were loud and obnoxious," Aster smiled, "also a huge flirt, but I don't see any of that." She laughed as he pretended to be hurt.

"You don't believe I don't have the ability to be a huge flirt?" He laughed. "But no I wasn't any of that, I was quiet and read a lot."

"You were a nerd, wow didn't expect that," she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Yes, I guess you could call me that," he gave a genuine smile, something he hadn't had in a while. "I did help the others with their homework and classes, I believe Sirius would be the loud, obnoxious and flirtatious one."

"Really?" Aster tilted her head and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Trust me," Lupin smiled holding out his hand, she gave him the chocolate bar and he took two pieces off for them. "Would you really live with me after school?"

"Of course I would," she said as she placed the chocolate in her mouth and nodded. "You know I think of you as my family."

"But Sirius is literal family, he's your uncle," Lupin said. "Surely you'd want to live with him and not me."

"Remus, there's no reason why I wouldn't want to live with you," Aster replied, "do you not want me to live with you?"

"No, of course, I'd love you to," Lupin quickly said handing over the bar.

"You and Tonk, are like," she broke the chocolate, "together right?" She narrowed her eyes as she handed him the chocolate.

"Well," Lupin laughed as his fixed his seating, "we didn't want to tell anyone quite yet, you know with everything going on."

"Yeah, well I'm not an idiot and found out so," she shrugged. "How long have you been together?"

"Nope, that's not how it works, give me the chocolate I ask now," Lupin smiled, grabbing at the bar but she held it away from him.

"No, answer me," she chuckled as he refused and tried grabbing it again. "Wolfy John Wolf, answer me now," she laughed out the order as he started to tickle her sides. "No," she cried, a wide smile on her face.

♤♤♤