Portal

A/N: Sorry I'm still getting a grasp on Damian's character! So this might not quite be accurate.

The team were just sitting in the cave with nothing to do. They had returned from a long mission a few hours ago and decided to relax at the cave for a while, so they had all changed into their casual wear. Conner was watching static while Wally was sitting on the couch, his legs resting on the coffee table. He  was chatting to Robin about what Hogwarts house he'd be in. 

"I'm telling you dude, I'd totally be a Griffindor." Wally said, gesturing to himself. "I'm like the bravest of you all."

"KF, just saying. You wouldn't be a Griffindor, you're like one of the smartest people when it comes to science." Robin shook his head, disagreeing with the speedster. They had been arguing about this for quite a while now.

"I am not in Raveclaw." Wally groaned. 

"Hey! What's so bad about Ravenclaw?" Artemis asked, whilst she sharpened some arrows. "Plus Birdboy's right, as much as I hate to admit it you'd be in Ravenclaw." 

Robin nodded, agreeing with Artemis. 

"Does anybody want any cookies?" M'gann asked, interrupting the odd argument. "I tried a new recipe this time and they aren't burnt!" She beamed, hovering into the room with a large tray of freshly baked cookies.

"Of course green cheeks, the smell delicious!" Wally speed over to the martian, taking a bite out of a cookie. "Woah these are great!" His face brightened at the taste of the cookies. They had been baked just enough and for once M'gann must of been watching them since they weren't burnt.

"They are?" Robin raised an eyebrow as he picked one up and started nibbling on the edge of it.

"Careful boy blunder, you never know if it's Kid idiot's stomach speaking." Artemis smirked. "Though they do look pretty good."

"Chocolate chip, nice choice in flavour." Robin flashed a smile at M'gann

"Thank you!" M'gann squealed, bringing the three into a massive group hug. 

"Do you mind letting go?" Artemis asked.

"Yeah I can't breathe!" Kid Flash complained.

"Right, sorry!" M'gann let the three go, allowing them to breathe.

Kaldur walked into the room, his eye glued to the book he was holding.

"Whatcha got Kal?" Robin asked, licking the cookie crumbs off his lips. 

"Information about the surface world." Kaldur smiled, grabbing a cookie as he passed by. "There is some extraordinary stuff I never knew about in here."

"Cool." Robin offered a thumbs up as he grabbed another cookie.

"Hey guys.. I think you should see this.." Conner spoke up, pointing at the strange swirling blue colour that was expanding in the middle of the room.

"Team. Stay on high alert." Kaldur, got his water bearers ready incase this strange portal-like creation was a threat. "We have no idea what this is."

Everyone nodded, getting their weapons ready incase of an attack.

A small boy fell out of it, he looked no older then 13. The boy appeared to be wearing some sort of a Robin cosplay outfit, however there were slight differences to the costume and the fabric seemed very expensive almost like the real thing.

"It's a little boy!" M'gann gasped, floated over towards the child.

"M'gann wait! We don't know if he's a threat or not." Kaldur warned her.

"Oh right, sorry." She blushed from embarrassment, moving back to a safe distance.

"It's just a boy, what harm could he be?" Artemis questioned, lowering her bow slightly. 

"Haha yeah what threat could a child be?" Wally asked. "Besides the real question is where'd he come from, and who is he? I mean hellllooo, he came through a massive portal on the ceiling!" Wally gestured towards the space the portal was previously. 

As soon as Wally let his guard down the slightest the small boy instantly sprung up, kicking him in the shin. Wally fell to the ground, taken by surprise at the sudden movements. The boy then quickly grabbed ahold him and held what seemed to be a birdarang to Wally's throat. The kid definitely had training, it took everyone by surprise at how fast his movements were.

"Where am I?!" The boy snarled, looking around at the team. "Who are you? And what have you done with Batman?!" 

"Woah, woah. Easy there." Robin lowered his weapons, the team doing the same. 

"Answer me!" The boy hissed, tightening his grip on Wally. "Where. Is. Batman?!" 

"What do you mean where is batman?" M'gann asked. "Why do you need to know where he is?" 

The boys questions were confusing everyone. What could this boy possibly have to do with Batman? He simply just wore a similar outfit to Robin and had some of his weapons that he probably just found around the streets of Gotham.

"Are you an idiot? He's my mentor!" 

"What! That's impossible Batman is my mentor!" Robin looked at the boy confused. 

"Tt, Batman would never train someone as puny as you. Although he did train Drake." The boy sneered.

"Hey!" Robin frowned. "This kid is so not asterous.." He mumbled to himself.

"You still fail to answer my questi-" 

Robin had thrown a birdarang at the boy, knocking the weapon out of his hand. Making it safe for Wally to escape.

 Wally zipped out from the boys grasp, swiftly punching him in the gut. He then ran over to stand next to Robin.

The boy had stumbled back at the punch then looked back up at the team, how was he going to get out of this situation. He was easily outnumbered and desperately needed backup. He turned on his communicator. "Batman are you there?" He asked with a quiet voice. "Red Hood? Red Robin?! Anyone?! Robin to batcave come in!"

No response.

The so called 'Robin' gritted his teeth, why wasn't his communicator working? Perhaps.. Perhaps his so called family abandoned him. No they wouldn't, it was definitely just his communicator. 

"Nice work Robin." Aqualad praised the acrobat. "Kid Flash don't let your guard down so easily." Aqualad stated as he got his water bearers ready again.  

"Wait- Robin?" The other Robin lowered his weapons hearing his name. But clearly the enemy wasn't referring to himself, he seemed to be acknowledging their partner.. The one who threw the birdarang.

 He turned towards Robin, observing the teen for a minute before he finally came to realise.

"...Grayson?"