Chapter: 1

Marceline's pov

I wake up just like every morning, feeling empty and depressed.

When I finally roll out of bed, I brush my teeth, take a shower and get dressed.

I have nothing to do today so I decide to go for a walk.

It's a little chilly so I put on my black denim jacket over my white hoodie and grab my umbrella so I don't burn my skin.
I slowly float over the green rolling hills.
I had almost forgotten how beautiful they were, it's so nice out today.
it's early fall so it isn't too cold.

I slowly float across the country side like a trash bag in the wind until I see a some guy, walking towards me.

I almost turned around because Im not in the mood to socialize, But I realized that it was.....Finn! At first I didn't recognize him because he has a beard now. I haven't seen or heard of Finn since.......the day of jakes funeral.....like 2 years ago.

I continue floating towards him until we meet each other on the path we were walking towards each other on.

"Hey Finn long time no see."
I say with a huge smile as I hug him.
Seeing Finn brings back so many good memories. Mostly of me pranking, and teasing him.

"Hey, marceline!"

"So, what you been up to? I haven't seen you in like....forever!"

"Oh, I've just been fighting evil all day every day, at first I did it to keep my mind off Jake, until I got used to it.
I guess it's sorta like a job."

"You look so much older than the last time I saw you, and what's this?!"
I say as I tug his beard and laugh.

"Oh, it's just a beard I haven had time to shave but I will soon."

"No don't shave it.....it makes you look cool."
I said trying to convince him to keep it.
"So what are you doing."
I say changing the subject.

"There's a dungeon that's full of demons, and I was just going to kill all of them, but we could go get something to eat and talk if you want."

"Are you kidding, I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to go kill something evil." I said with a smirk on my face.

Finn laughed.
"Okay, I could use the company, but don't expect me to save your butt when we are fighting."

"Yeah right, I'm gonna have to save your butt." I responded as I laughed at him.