newt || jealous

(maze runner)

Your POV:

"Could you repeat them again?" The greenie asked. I was assigned to give Ash the tour and tell him a little bit about the glade. We were at the bonfire and I was telling him about the jobs.

This guy can't seem to hold any information in his head, because I keep having to repeat everything!

"So there are builders, sloppers, runners, track-hoes, med-jacks—" I was cut off. Rudely, might I add that.

"What's your job?" Ash asked me, getting a little too close for my liking. Ash was a tall, thick(c) kid, with bright red hair and freckles.

I took a step back and rubbed my neck awkwardly. "Well, I'm a builder," I chuckled.

"Can I be one too?" He asked eagerly. Damn this boy's hyped.

"I mean I could talk to Gally for you—"Again I was RUDELY interrupted.

"Thank you!" Before I knew it, the Greenie's lips were on mine. My eyes widened and I tried pushing him off, but his arms were secured around me.

"What's going on here?" I heard Newt's voice angrily approach. Crap.

The greenie quickly let go of me and looked at Newt. I could sense the anger in Newt's expression and the fear in Ash's.

"Newt, it's not what you think," I tried assuring my boyfriend. I knew he was the easily jealous type.

"Dude what gives? It's not like she's your girlfriend or anything... right?" Ash chuckled and backed away slowly. I mean I was going to stop him, I let him back up into Gally's fight.

"Hey the Greenie wants a fight," Gally chuckled and his opponent walked into the crowd, leaving Gally and Ash.

"Gally, this fight's gonna be mine," Newt stepped into the ring. I tried grabbing his arm but the blonde boy was already in front of Ash.

Part of me wanted to yell 'Kick his ass, Babe!' another part of me wanted to say 'Fighting is stupid'. Oh who cares I want Ash to regret doing what he did.

"Y/n, what's up with Newt?" Thomas asked, watching the fight next to me.

"The stupid greenie kissed me and Newt's really mad," I sighed. Thomas just looked at me silently. "He kissed me. I didn't consent," I clarified quickly.

"Oh, I get it," Thomas nodded. We looked back at the match and I was Newt was clutching his arm and the freebie had a bruise on his cheek.

"Thomas, we need to stop with before Newt gets hurt," I said quietly. I mean, I knew Newt was perfectly capable of fending for himself, but with his limp and now apparently hurt arm, I'm worried.

Thomas and I looked around for a way to create a diversion. Then I had an idea. Without warning, I slapped Thomas across the face.

"Ow!" Tom shrieked and put a hand over his cheek.

"Uh, how could you, you pervert!" I gasped. That caught the attention of most of the people watching the fight. "Can't a girl just watch a fight in peace?"

"Y/n, is everything okay?" Newt walked up to us.

"Oh, Newt, you're here to save me. How wonderful!" I quickly grabbed Newts's arm and pulled him away from the bonfire. Everyone then returned to what they were doing before.

"Y/n?" Newt stopped and looked at me once we reached the middle of the glade.

"I'm sorry, Newt, I couldn't watch you fight like that. I know what Ash did wasn't right, but fights aren't always the solution. Although, you're pretty hot when you get all jealous," I smirked at him.

"What? I wasn't jealous," he rolled his eyes.

I kissed his cheek and smiled. "You fought for me and I love you for that."

Xoxo calista