newt || cute accent

(maze runner)

ty for the suggestion @OutrageousOlivia !

Your POV

"Try and catch up, you shank!" I laughed. Thomas, Minho, and I were having a race in the glade. We wanted to see if Minho could run faster than me riding on Thomas's back.

"Ahah!" Minho yelled, jumping on both me and Thomas after he did catch up. We all ended up rolling through the grass.

I couldn't stop laughing, but then I realized I was feeling a heavy weight on my back.

"Minho, get off!" I grunted trying to roll out from under him, but he wouldn't budge.

"What the bloody hell is going on here?" I heard my British boy yell. Our laughter died down and we stood up.

I was about to say something, but I then heard the footsteps of Thomas and Minho running away.

"Hey, babe," I chuckled in a high-pitched voice. I could tell Newt was not having it today. I know he and Alby have been pretty stressed lately after some of the gladers went on strike for who-knows-why.

"Would you like to explain what was happening? Cause I was minding my own business when I take a gander at you and my mates having a hunky-dory do of a time!" He waved his hands in the air sarcastically.

I couldn't help but start snickering at the words he used. Dang I wish I was British.

"What is it now, y/n? You can't take me seriously so you've gone off to other people! Blimey, y/n, do you take me for some bloke?" He huffed. I didn't know how to feel!

I know he was having a hard time, but he was so cute when he got mad.

"Okay, I'm sorry, Newt," I stepped closer to him and held his hand. "I could never love someone more than you," I smiled.

"I'm sorry too, y/n, I've been absolutely knackered lately with everything," he sighed. I completely understood.

"Also, Newtsters... don't take this in a bad way, but I love when you get mad," I laughed at him causing him to furrow his eyebrows.

"What? Why?" He tilted his head like an adorable, confused puppy.

"You know, you get extra British and stuff," I told him, making him a little more confused.

"Y/n, I don't know what the bloody hell you're talking about," he laughed. I spent the past ten minutes trying to explain how he uses all these words no one knows when he gets stressed or mad.

"Okay I don't think you'll ever understand," I sighed and facepalmed. "Why don't we just find Thomas and Minho?" I suggested.

"Agreed. I'd like to tell those wankers not to lay a finger on you," he joked.

Haha sorry it's short but I put in a lot of effort
googling british slang :)
xoxo calista