Picnic

Could taking too many allergy pills kill you?

The answer was yes, yes they could.

Will, in the frenzy of rushing out of his house, delirious on one hour of sleep, after failing miserably to make two Caesar salads, grabbed a handful (thank the heavens that it was a small handful) of allergy pills and practically shoved them down his throat.

Probably not the smartest decision Will made in his lifetime.

His mother informed him, after he took about six pills all in one water gulp, that liver damage could cost up to $10,000 dollars in hospital payment.

Will prayed he wouldn't pass out from drug overdose today.

"Hope you didn't bring chives for me today,"
Erica greeted Will brightly as he walked up to the stand. He held an intricately woven basket and a red checkered blanket over his arm. "What's that?"

Will spread out his arms, feeling nervous but excited for his reveal. "Ta-da!" he enthusiastically said. "A make up for the chives which is a make up for my dancing! A picnic!"

Erica beautifully froze, a magenta lilac in hand. Her gorgeous eyes widened in pleasant surprise. "What?"

Will smiled weakly, his arms faltering. He could barely squeak out, "Picnic?"

Erica then gave him the sweetest smile, Will swore he could feel himself getting cavities.

"Aw Will," Erica gushed, flushing a rose pink. Will felt his heart melt. "You're too sweet."

"Yup," he said, forcing a grin. He turned and walked away, trying to steel his raging pulse.

...

"What do we have here?" Erica asked mischievously, digging her hand in the picnic basket. She drew it out, grasping a blue see-through bag, looking at it confused. "Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?"

They sat on the checkered blanket, spread out on the grass behind the antique house. Erica sat back on her knees in a floral sundress while Will rested cross-legged, dressed in a navy collared shirt. The pine trees provided shade in the warm sun as birds chirped happily. The sky was an uninterrupted blue canvas.

Erica held up the plastic bag containing a single PB & J sandwich exposing him. Will choked on his spit. Erica burst out laughing.

"Ok Erica, some of us can't cook," Will tried to explain himself defiantly, failing as his companion continued to hoot. "I can make microwave mac-n-cheese, but there's no microwave. So I thought about McDonalds, but cold McDonald's is disgusting, and peanut butter and jelly is the only other thing I can make besides cup-of-noodle and mac-n-"

"Will, Will, stop!" Erica wheezed, holding her stomach. Will stopped shortly, eyebrows knitted.

"I'm sorry I can't make roast beef or lasagna, or cut an apple correctly-" Will tried to defend himself again, but was cut off as Erica waved a dismissive hand.

"Will, it's fine!" Erica exclaimed, her laughing ceasing. "I like PB & J anyway!"

"Oh," he said, fumbling with the grass blades beside him. "Good, because that's one of the only things I can make."