Help

So in every chic flick comedy movie, there's usually always a scene where the one of the main girls just get their heart broken by their one and only love and spend their days mourning away by crying and eating ice cream in their bed, watching sappy romance movies while listening to depressing break-up music.

Will was exactly that girl.

Will sat in the mussed up covers of his comforter, watching video game YouTube videos on his phone. A bucket of half eaten cookie-dough ice cream sat on his night stand as a red-eye rimmed Will took spoonful after spoonful, shoving globs of the dairy substance into his mouth. Loud rap music screamed through the speakers on his dresser.

"She took my heart and left me lonely, I've been broken, heart's contentious..." Will slurred along, slower than the actual beat.

So this was how he dealt with heartbreak. And they weren't even dating.

Will better not actually date someone or else he probably would destroy his house. Or the Empire State Building.

A loud knock resounded from his wooden door.  "Will!" called a voice: Will's mom.

Will fell back onto his pillows with his phone, throwing his blanket over his head. "Leave me alone to DIE."

He heard an audible sigh over his ear-murdering music. "Will, you won't get anything done from just laying there."

"Good!" he said through the layers of fabric covering him. The sound of the handle turning and the creaking of the door filled his ears. A few moments later, he felt the bed dip at the edge where he assumed his mom sat. He felt a slow hand taking the edge of the sheet and pulling it away from his body, revealing his mess of hair and clothes.

"Didn't I say I want to die?" he groaned, rolling over to curl into a ball, hugging his phone to his chest. He took a quick glance at his mother, her face conflicting with the desire to laugh at him or console him.

"Will, it's alright." she said, patting his calf empathetically.

"I wish I could become a worm so I could live in the dirt forever and save a step into burying my dead body."

Will's mom groaned.

"I swear, he's worse than a teenage girl," Will swore he heard her mutter under her breath.

"What?" his head snapped up, sandy hair oddly sticking up in a strange formation.

His mother gave him a pitiful look, probably because he was basically bathing in his own filth. "Come on Will," she said. "If you want to fix that problem with what's their name... Eric, then-"

"Erica, Mom," Will told her dismissively. "I'm not gay."

"And there wouldn't be anything wrong with you if you were," his mother told him gently, her dark eyes kind. "Definitely something wrong with you right now, but that's not the point. Anyway, whatever her name is, you've got to communicate to her. Talk to her."

Will sat up to look at her like she was crazy. His face was gaunt and ashen, like he walked right out of the show The Walking Dead. "How do you suggest that? Go up and say, 'sorry, I made you lose that important interview and lost count of time and didn't realize like five million hours had passed when you were sleeping like a hibernating bear?'"

"Exactly!" his mom exclaimed, throwing her hands up into the air. Then she paused. "Just don't mention the hibernating bear part. It's very unflattering."

Will flopped back down onto his bed like a fish, misery enveloping his entire being. "It's no use," he groaned helplessly. "She won't believe me."

There was a silence in which all that was heard was Will's heavy breathing and his unbearable rap music. He felt the bed shift, hoping his mom would leave him to Rest In Peace. Sadly, that was not the case.

"Hi Mom," Will heard his mother say. Will seized up. His mom had called his grandmother, who he was sure was bent on torturing him since making him take her to the Lilac Gardens. Then again, he couldn't blame her. He met Erica there. In which Erica reduced him to this withering pile of dramatic boy garbage.

So yes, he changed his mind. His grandma was bent on making him suffer.

"What?" his mom exaggerating loudly. "You want to talk to Will? About his girl troubles? Of course I can give him he phone!"

She motioned to Will to sit up. Will shook his head grumpily, not in the mood to speak with the woman who technically started the chain reaction that made him into a weak hearted fluff nugget. His mom gave him a murderous look, warning him. Will understood and sat up reluctantly, or else his game console would probably mysteriously disappear in the near future.

He grabbed the phone, placing it near his ear. "Hi Grandma," he greeted, glaring at his mom.

"Will!" his grandma screamed. He winced away from the phone. "You go back to those gardens and talk to that girl right now, or so help me!"

"Yes, yes," replied Will, messing with his blue covers. "I will, I will."

"Do it now, Will!" she said through the static of the phone. "Do it before you regret it!"

"Yeah, yeah..." he muttered in response. He barely listened to her rambling. Will saw through his peripheral vision his mother giving him a silent scolding as he stared off toward the side.

"Will," his grandma said more kindly, catching him by surprise. "If she doesn't forgive you for your simple mistake, then she's not worth having, alright?"

Will sighed, crossing his legs in his bed. "Of course, Grandma," he mumbled. "Thanks."

"You're welcome, my dear." she said sweetly into the phone. "Now turn off that incessant noise in the background! Is that what you call music?!"

*I do not own 'Sad' by XXXTentacion