2

The next day Abbie got a phone call from Peggy. She had said she had something important to fill her in about the homecoming and that it was important and that she should meet in a cafe and they could talk before Abbie drove off finally to work.

And that left Abbie staring into her cup of bland coffee served to her in one of the coffee shops. It was so poorly made that she wondered if her bills weren't enough to afford her good coffee there, but what use would it be to try to cause a ruckus in a cafe because of one stupid cup of  coffee.

"Hey Abbie!" She heard Peggy call out. She lit up her face in smiles and stood to hug her best friend.

"You look fabulous" Abbie commented admiring her.

Peggy was a slender lady. She had small green eyes and her hair was the colour of chestnut. Her breasts were a small round of balls and Abbie and a few friends had teased her endlessly in years past. She had killer curvy hips and her nose stood out in her face just above her beautiful curled up pink lips.

"Thanks hun" she said looking down on her beautiful black gown with a slit in front that showed off her laps. She took a seat and signaled to the waiter.

Abbie leaned forward and whispered "I am going to give you a tip, stay away from the coffee"

Peggy laughed and ordered Cappuccino, then leaned forward to continue her gist.

"I have one more hour to get to work Peggy" Abbie said "you said you had something"

She smiled for a second and pouted "you remember Reid Roux?" She asked looking around.

I immediately nodded "Reid! Of course how could I forget?" I answered fighting back a laugh.

Reid was a die hard lover of one of the four cycle of friends Jeanie Moss. He had loved her back then in Beverly Highs but Jeanie didn't give a shit about him. He kept up with her for three years, hoping she would love him but she grew worse by the day. Her hatred for him increasing by the day. Maybe it was because he was a stupid fat, red cheeked boy who was always there to interrupt their girls' time out, just because he wanted to talk to Jeanie. They all grew to hate and make fun of him.

"I saw him yesterday" Peggy said "I ran into him in Hats and Dogs"

Abbie furrowed her brows. She didn't know any shop by that name but she figured it was a boutique.

"He was picking out some hot brands" she drooled.

Abbie laughed "don't tell me you're drooling over Reid" she chastised.

She kept shut as the waiter served her order, she paid him and he was off. "No! This Reid wasn't the one we knew"

Abbie frowned "well what now? He is in a monastery now?"

She giggled "you're so funny but no. He isn't in a monastery Abbie. He is just so hot that even the priests would send him off for his hotness, if he were to near a monastery.

This time Abbie laughed too "what happened Peggy?"

"He asked me out!" she announced clapping her hands together. "Hot Reid asked me out!"

"He just saw you yesterday and asked you out?" Abbie asked raising a brow.

Peggy frowned "I thought you would be happy?"

"don't you think its strange?" Abbie asked.

Peggy gulped her Cappuccino "what is? For some reason, this hot Reid isn't even married and he just asked me out, I should've declined because its the first time?"

Abbie rolled her eyes "think about this well Peggy"

She looked away "let's not talk about this again Abbie. I have another news for you" she said coldly now.

Abbie listened, a bit surprised at her reaction. "Oh?"

She let down her drink "We have a memorial to attend" she said "Frank Stort's. You remember? I will pick up Jeanie and Mildred, we will meet you in your house by nine on Friday" she stood up

Abbie tried not to huff "are you pissed with me because of Reid? Friday is still two days ahead"

"A day before homecoming" she added coldly. "I am late for work, my boss would be mad"

Abbie nodded gently and forced a smile "be safe Peggy"

She huffed "I am always safe Abbie!" She said and stormed out, startling me.

Abbie bent down and threw her head into her hand, almost throwing the cup over. Then she regained her composure and began to take out her cell phone when it beeped in my hand.

She frowned. She still had like thirty eight minutes to work time, they couldn't be texting her.

She out the phone and clicked on message. A message sent by a private number popped up.

"How are you getting on Abigail? Do you miss me as everyone else does?

She sighed and dropped off her phone in her bag. Whoever was playing this sick joke had to stop.