16

The day wasn't all that bright for Abbie. She woke up around six and decided to have her bath by then, then fix herself a plate of seasoned pasta then called office and called in late.

When she was done, it was already some minutes past eight, she took out her phone and placed a call to Detective Roxy. Instead of meeting at the station, he decided to meet in her house so that left her sitting in her living room wearing a purple and pink gown with her laptop on her lap as she read over the article she had planned to submit today.

It had been days since Jeanie died but she still felt she owned her that, to let the world know of her death. The knock on her door came earlier than she anticipated.

"Hey Detective Roxy" she said smiling dryly as he walked into her house.

He smiled and walked in, swaying a bit to get in properly. The holster that housed his gun showed a bit. Abbie shut the door and walked behind in, allowing him to enter.

"You have a nice place Abbie" he complimented.

She smiled and nodded "that's what you get when you work out your ass, no boast intended though"

Roxy chuckled, slightly offended "none taken" he lied. His eyes wandered round and rested on the  flowers in the bouquet. "Those are really beautiful flowers"

Abbie followed his gaze "yea, I love them red. Though they came through very strange means"

"What means?"

"Someone dropped it off and disappeared" she said "you know sometimes I get some strange attitudes and some strange show of affection from my fans" she said

Roxy stared at the flowers thoughtfully but said nothing.

"You know its what you get when you're in my line of work" she said, trying to convince the man

"You know you have to be careful Miss Abigail. There is a killer out there, we don't know why your friend was killed and we don't want anyother murder on our table"

Abbie's face turned red "Are you insinuating that I am trying to get myself killed?"

Roxy relaxed back into the seat "what I am insinuating is that you can't go about collecting anything dropped at your door. It can be dangerous for you. We still don't know why your friend was killed but we do know that there is need for you to be extremely careful"

Abbie bit her upper lip, glanced at the flower then rested her eyes on her laps. "Do you have anything yet?" She asked calmly.

"Excuse me?"

"I asked if you have anything yet" she said "about who killed Jeanie"

"No" he replied honestly "but we're working on it"

Abbie's hand turned into fist "if you find something will you call me?"

"Abbie, I am a cop and I will let you in on things I think you should know"

She huffed "she was my friend, I deserve to know everything"

He shook his head "no you don't, his husband does"

She nodded, then raised her glassy eyes to meet Roxy "does this have anything to do with my profession Detective?"

"What?".

" I mean are you scared that once you let me on on something, I would pour it into my stories?"

He shook his head "that's a ridiculous thing to say Abigail"

"Is it? Or is it a truth too hard to hear?"

The detective looked at his watch "is there a reason you called me here?"