19

"What happened?" Ivy cried as the doctors tried to pull her off from the room Peggy was being wheeled into.

Abbie stood up and thought it wise to help. She had been sitting there for five hours waiting for Peggy to leave the OR alive, it seemed like forever but she made it. She was safe, safe for now.

"Please calm down Aunt" she said holding the robust woman's hand and tried to gently remove it from the poor man's shrub. She finally succeeded and Abbie led her quietly to sit beside the sleeping Mildred who had been awakened by the noise.

"She is going to be fine" Abbie assured her. She hoped so too. Since they got there, she hadn't really spoken much to Mildred. She guessed the same thing was on her mind too, they were in danger.

"Hi ladies" they heard a familiar voice call. Well the voice was only familiar to Abbie and Milly because Ivy stared at him with that "Don't-you-bring-you-bring-your-nonsense-here" look.

"Detective Roxy" Mildred greeted dryly.
He gave the ladies a weak smile and sat down, then handed Mildred and Abbie a cup of coffee each. Then turning to Ivy he said "sorry I didn't know there would be an extra lady"

Ivy frowned at him, her scattered chestnut hair highlighted her teary face "I am not an extra woman. I am Peggy's Aunt"

"Oh, I am detective Roxy" he said offering a hand. Ivy looked the palm over and ignored it, turning back to herself she resumed her sobbing.

"What do you know about this detective?" Mildred asked "I mean few days ago, it was Jeanie now Peggy. What's going on?"

"Someone called in with her phone to let us in on her accident and her whereabouts. We are still looking for who did this to her. I believe it was planned, thank God she is alive" Roxy explained, his explanation got Ivy's attention.

"Where was she when she was found?" Abbie asked "she couldn't have just been kidnapped in her own car, right?"

Roxy rubbed his beardless moustache "we think she had gone there to see the person who did this to her"

"Peggy is one of the smarties I know." Abbie began  "She wouldn't do that in her right senses, unless...unless what?"

Roxy thought for a while "threatened, unless threatened. She could have gone there because she was threatened"

"Or maybe she wanted answers" Milly said.

Abbie glanced at her "answers to what!"

"To what happened to Jeanie, to what's happening now" she replied.

Ivy sniffed "she sounded strange today when she called" she recalled "its normal to tell someone you love them, but there was something different about how she told me that she loved me today. It sent chills down my body" she wiped her eyes a bit "I think they threatened her with Amelia"

"Oh God" Milly said throwing her head into her hands

"Who is Amelia?" Roxy asked.

"My daughter" Ivy said "Peggy loves her so much"

Roxy thought for a while, then stood up.

"I need to talk to Peggy, she holds the whole answers. Let's get this whole case over with"

"She isn't even awake yet" Abbie informed and as if planned, the doctor from earlier approached them and of course avoided Ivy for fear of being torn to shreds.

Ivy eyed him maliciously.

"I need to speak with the patient" he stated to the doctor.

The man looked him over through his glasses like he just had a bath in a pool of sewage "and you are?"

Roxy held back a curse "Detective Roxy, I am investigating..."

"My patient is still alive and won't be allowed any visitors till tomorrow morning."

Roxy's face lit up with rage "its twelve am, its already a new day" he said "and this is morning. A serial killer..."

The doctor abruptly cuts him off "this is my own territory Deputy Pox..."

"Its Detective Roxy!"

"_and you have no right to order me around" the man said indifferently "no visitor till dawn. Except her Aunt of course"

This time Ivy flashed him a beautiful cheeky smile.

Roxy walked up to him "you don't understand doctor. Someone is trying to hurt these ladies, if I can find out who did this to her we can put these other ladies out of harm's way"

The doctor glanced impatiently at his clock "come back at dawn by ten am, I am sure by then you can get what you seek. But now a sleeping person cannot answer questions right?"

Roxy frowned deeply at him, then stepped back "ten it is then" he finally agreed and stepped back.

He offered to take the ladies home and was glad when they turned him down. The last thing he needed now was three sulking and weeping ladies in his car. By the way it was already 12, but one thing kept him happy

Tomorrow he was going to find who the killer was and if luck was on his side, he might get promoted. With that in mind, he smiled at them groggily, then gave them a fast goodbye and rushed off.

Tomorrow was the big day.

thanks😍

Tap the little star please and leave your thoughts in the comment box.

Unedited