V. 1921

The year of 1921 was a very calm year for the town of Bodie. Nothing big happened, and everyone knew of the Fisher fire, and thought that Henry Fisher was dead because of it. But that's not the case, and for the good man Jack, things aren't going his way...

_______

March, 1921

The cemetery was getting full, as the Fisher illness killed many over the years. The grave workers built a new grave and coffin and gravestone. The hospital sent off a dead body to the new grave and a funeral was thrown for a man who died of the Fisher illness. Many showed up, even the miners who were tortured by the man's work. The gravestone read:

"Jack Camer; 1865-1921; Make it Last"

Charlie was at the funeral in tears, alone, because he was the one who saved him from a madman. Jack meant a lot to Charlie, Jack was his uncle...

_______

John II called for the annual town hall meeting to announce that the gold of the mines was running out even more quickly than the years before, and that the expected shut down of the town will be in the early 1930's. Even sooner than they expected before. John also announced about his future wife and they would be getting married in 1923. John's final announcement was that he was the new master of the gold mine until a new master was hired to replace Jack, if he could find one at this town's rate of decline. 

Charlie went off to marry Martha, and said he wouldn't be back until 1924 and hopefully with a kid. They were going to explore the country and go on a honeymoon sometime after their wedding. 

The town of Bodie was already being abandoned by many citizens after that meeting. The population was once at at height of 7,595 in 1917; now the population is only 1,200 and still declining quickly. John II is even seeing the resignation of leaders in the town. Abandoned buildings are already present. John II has to do something about this. But Linda Bodie has an experience that changes the course of the town's history completely...