Chapter 3 :: How Attractive

Chapter 3: How Attractive

                  As soon as the hand crept up her arm and rested on her shoulder, Melissa felt the irritating tingles circling down her spine and ending only when it reached her feet. “Christian Mitchell,” she grumbled. “Hands off before I file a lawsuit for sexual harassment.” She tilted her head to the side and watched him smirk at her before taking the bottle of water from her hand. His forehead was glinting with sweat from his nonstop two-hour photoshoot and Melissa could only glare at him angrily as she handed him a damp towel. Why was it that after an hour of morning jogging, she could come back looking like a complete disaster, but after spending two hours shuffling through clothes and standing under intense lighting, Christian’s sweat only looked like someone had sprinkled glitter all over him? Why was life so unfair?! What did this handsome man have that she didn’t?!

                  “We talked about this.” A bit of water dribbled out of the corner of his lips, and in quite the seductive slow motion, rolled down his neck as if he was taunting Melissa some more. Watch how beautiful I am even with water drooling down my face, he seemed to say. Melissa squeezed her eyes closed and shook her head. Or maybe she was just imagining it. “Don’t you remember what I told you yesterday Melissa?” He said to her playfully. “I’m gay. Besides, even if I were to be completely straight, don’t you think I’d be more inclined to harassing the beautiful Miss Maria Sharpe?”

                  Melissa sighed. Maybe Christian Mitchell was a big, lying scumbag, but he was right about that one thing. Shifting her attention back to the photoshoot where Maria was doing solo shoots at the moment, Melissa sighed even deeper in her misery. Not that she thought she was anywhere near ugly herself, but if only she could look like that. If Adriana Lima could be called Victoria’s Secret’s biggest, most well known supermodel, Maria Sharpe could definitely be said the same for Flirtatious.

                  Not only was Maria stunning in looks, always beautiful with her deadly brown eyes and her bouncy shoulder-length, blonde ringlets, she also grew up in France bringing with her this classy French accent to New York. Melissa groaned when she saw Maria blowing a kiss Christian’s way. Apparently the blonde seductress, known as much for her obscene temper tantrums as her incomparable beauty, had taken a distinct liking for her fellow modeling companion.

                  Christian openly blew a kiss back her way, though downright shook in his pants when he felt Melissa’s narrowing gaze on him. “I uh… It’s for keeping up the image,” he said, smiling a little as he swallowed hard. “You know, as a playboy.”

                  Nodding, and trying her best to push down the sarcastic remark she felt like muttering, she sat down beside him on one of the chairs across from the tiny refreshment table. “So speaking of that,” she started. “What type of guys do you like anyways?”

                  He shrugged, his eyes still deadpan on the French supermodel as he waved Melissa off. “Oh you know,” he muttered nonchalantly. “This and that. Anything and everything.”

                  “Even that?” She asked, pointing to Mr. Goodling, the vice-director, who uncharacteristically had wandered down to check in on the photoshoot. If there were an award for the worst comb-over of the year, hands down Mr. Goodling would win. There was just something very disturbing about the three pieces of long hair that he combed to the left and gelled into the exact place everyday. Not even a tornado can blow that hair apart, Melissa thought glumly as she met Mr. Goodling’s eyes.