Chapter 4 :: Bad Boy Billionaire

Chapter 4: Bad Boy Billionaire

                  The muscle below his eye twitched, and that was all it took to unravel Melissa’s sanity as she stared up into the man’s deadly blue eyes. She was soaked herself, more so than his shoes, but that thought alone took a backseat in her head when she realized there was a high possibility he was from the mafia. The fact that he was wearing a beautiful, black suit with his tie loose and hanging slightly ajar didn’t help much either, and Melissa laughed when she started feeling nervous bubbles in the pit of her stomach.

                  Just calm down, she thought to herself. If she remained calm and played it right, maybe something magical could happen between them? Or maybe she could just get out of this situation with her life intact; that alone was good enough for Melissa.

                  So she laughed and tried her best to string him along. “Look at us,” she chuckled. “What a day huh?”

                  Immediately he scoffed, and when he spoke, his voice was strong, husky and deep. “The fuck?” He growled, and those were his first words to her – a lot less romantic than she would have liked. “Are you seriously laughing right now? What kind of self-degrading bimbo are you?”

                  Melissa’s lips parted dramatically as she tried her best to comprehend what she had just heard. Did mystery man with his big feet and his expensive shoes just call her a self-degrading bimbo? Now wait a minute, she did lose her virginity at the age of seventeen, which is pretty moderate nowadays, but still considered young to some folks, but since then, she had only had sex with one man! One man for the past five years! And she was in a relationship with him the whole time! How could she possibly qualify as a bimbo in anybody’s book?

                  “Hey now!” She shouted. If she was in any way afraid of him or smitten by his looks before, all that was quickly replaced by pure temper and anger. Getting up on her feet while ignoring the wet state her capris were in, she placed one hand on her hip in a very defiant posture. “Isn’t that a bit rude for a first encounter! You don’t even know me! How can you ever know if I’m actually a self-degrading bimbo?!”

                  “I’m never wrong,” he said coolly.

                  Her jaw only widened even more. “Well you’re wrong today,” she shouted. “Dead wrong.”

                  “Shut it bimbo,” he muttered, still in that same monotonous, husky voice. “Shout it to somebody who cares.” With that, he cringed, shook off a bit of water from his shoes, and headed on his way. “Repulsive gorilla. What the hell is New York coming to lately?”

                  Melissa was on the verge of exploding. Not only had he insulted her several times by calling her a bimbo, but now he was calling her a gorilla?! Anger itched up her spine until it broke her and she kicked off one of her wedge sandals. No more! She was having no more of it! It was always the same way with her. Guys always tried to take advantage of her good nature, but she wasn’t going to play it that way anymore; she was going to stand up for herself for once! Grabbing the shoe off the ground, she drew her arm back and with all her might, threw the shoe at the stupid guy with the expensive suit and that god-awful personality.