III

A/N : It's 29 July and here's the update like I promised!😄 Before you proceed, I'd like to send a big THANK YOU for the support you've shown me so far! You're incredibly amazing! Happy reading loves 😄

***

The energy of an excited infant is contagious. It's amazing how it easily radiates to those witnessing it, and grabs their hearts with its fists. The energy of an excited twenty-one year old that had just completed his end of semester exams? Not so much. It was even worse if his way of expressing his excitement was a safety hazard. Omari sped down the narrow halls of his dorm, his head nearly bobbing off his neck at the action. Well, at least that was what it looked like to several passers-by. The tires of the suitcase he raised over his head got caught in the staircase. Everything happened in slow motion after that. With a horror stricken face, he watched his belongings fly out of the bag.

"This is the exact reason I check up on you every now and then."

Omari looked up to face his mother. She stood two steps below him, her hands planted on her hips and her face conveying disapproval. Nevertheless, she held her hand out for him, which he gladly accepted.

"It was an accident Mum," he mumbled.

'When will you ever grow up?' she nearly said, but instead, tightly wrapped her arms around her son.

"I was just too excited..." His face didn't hide his embarrassment.

"I understand baby," she replied, reaching up the railing to grab a towel.

***

"Maybe they won't be so bad..." Dandy neatly folded the lilac fleece she'd removed from the washing line, her back turned on Sawyer, who held out a basket filled with pegs.

Sawyer sighed. "They're not so bad." she said. "It's the preacher's son that riles me up."

Her nanny bent over to pick the clothes basket up and rested it on her hip. She swivelled to face Sawyer.

"How so?"

Sawyer's eyes reduced to slits. "He's so disrespectful!"

"He'll get better. He probably has no idea how to handle..." Dandy trailed off.

Sawyer clenched her jaw. "A schizophrenic? Mishandling us will break us."

Dandy hadn't meant to offend her. Panic coursed through her and she helplessly searched for words to justify herself. The last thing she wanted was to anger Sawyer. Sawyer balanced the peg basket on her head as the two strolled to the laundry room with an amused smile.

Dandy gasped at the realisation. "Sawyer!"

Sawyer covered her mouth to keep from laughing.

I'm joking about it... that's an improvement right?