'I Want to Get to Know My Daughter'

Having walked past the serene Kryptonian gardens- Leading over to a small dainty house on the outskirts of Argo city. Kara smiled blissfully as they reached the entrance- surrounded by luscious greens, it was imbued with such peaceful stylings and it took a moment for Kara to take it all in. Bathed in an iridescent honey yellow glow, Alura watched mesmerised as Kara let her pointed fingertips glide over the famed House of El emblem embedded within a rock close by that signified to all- who this pretty place belonged too... it was... odd her mother living here, so used to the ornate grandeur and prestige that came with their family name back when it was still just Krypton.

Alura grinned noting Kara's clear curiosity. Standing outside, a mothers intuition "Our chambers were destroyed during the fall."  Lips curling lowly in distasteful memory, gripping the length of her dress so that it wouldn't be muddied from the grass below, she continued "I was able to salvage a few of our belongings but I decided not to rebuild... especially after your father passed it didn't seem right to take up all of that residence without either of you here."

Shame flooded her mothers face as she sighed in remembrance of a different time- cautiously Kara gripped onto her mothers peach forearm, soothed by the warmth and silk cloth she felt under her touch that somehow she was still half expecting to be cold... dead, like a figment of her imagination... only coming back to haunt her for being too naive to see through her own minds evil manipulation.

The elder Zor-el woman burst with joy, lacing her own hand above her daughters as they just stared at each other... no words could comprehend this gratifying feeling of being reunited after so many years. Finally after a few more extended moments Alura decided to take them inside- leading the way as Kara took one last look around before steadying herself for the pleasant unknown and the likelihood of oncoming discussions.

Settling wearily onto a white cushioned and wooden armchair, the room was bright... light and free. The lower level meant the view was perhaps not as spectacular as the one from her old bedroom but... it was still her mothers home. At that Kara beamed pushing down the ends of her suit, wiggling her buttocks trying to tame her humming system and get comfortable to stop it from racing into the next galaxy in all honesty.

Waiting... silence enveloped her as her mother had darted off towards what she assumed was the kitchen. Mon-El had gone in search of the black rock... wanting to allow Kara time to reconnect with her family again.

Eyes glancing around the room was familiar in decor and culture, plus she almost squeaked when she saw the Dar-Essa perched on the counter if anything it was all kinda' hipster... which only continued on amusing the young Kryptonian to no end on the comparisons she could now make between her two very unique and entirely separate planetary systems.

Clinking... Alura returned with a tray full of different beverages and food types Kara thought long buried between the stars in space. Stuff she thought vanquished... gone with a 'poof' y'know?

Shuffling she plopped it down as Kara's eyes gazed at the snacks... the succulent cuisine before her I think my eyes are leaking.

Encouraging "Help your self." At that the blondes stomach rumbled and Alura laughed... shaking her head at the outright amazement on her daughters face- some things never change.

Five Taui cakes and a helping of Zyscar pudding later and Kara's mouth was overloaded with sensation as every bite brought back a welcomed memory from many decades ago... recognising what were most definitely her grandma's recipes, recreated by Alura clearly. Covered in crumbs and happily full- Kara gulped and took hold of the Yo-Ror tea her mom was also offering... taking a few sips, wiping her mouth and Kara flushed in embarrassment at how poorly she'd remembered her etiquette this time around- it's been a long time since she was of high stature.