The New Girl (Shugo Chara) - Chapter 8 - What Love Truly Does

Chapter 8 - What Love Truly Does

The light dimmed, revealing Ikuto hugging Crystal.

Everyone was relieved to see that Crystal was okay.

When Crystal noticed that the light dimmed, she pulled away from the hug gently and smiled at everyone.

"Everyone!"

Amelia ran and hugged her, "Crystal!"

She hugged her back as everyone, except Ikuto, Utau, and Tsukasa, came and hugged her as well.

She blushed and smiled with happiness as they hugged her with relief.

"I-IMPOSSIBLE!", Paul yelled from the entrance.

Everyone let go from the hug once they heard his voice.

"It's impossible! How could you be okay?!"

I walked in front of everyone, "It's called love. I am a person that is very happy to be loved, unlike you who doesn't care about love. You want stuff for yourself. Like the Embryo. You wanted Amu and me because you wanted our power for your own satisfaction! So, in the end, it didn't work out for you. My friends did what they can to save me, and that made me revive."

Paul reacted with surprise.

"Love is stronger than anything in the world. It keeps relationships strong and makes you feel complete. Also, it can heal you."

"Th-That's rubbish! Love is nothing but a myth!"

"It is not a myth," Ikuto said as he stood beside Crystal. "Love is the power within bonds. In other words, it keeps people together..."

He looked at Crystal, "...no matter how far you are from each other."

Crystal looked at him with a smile and murmured, "Ikuto..."

He smiled back and looked at Paul. "It's over, Paul."

He walked up to him, "You don't know how much trouble you are in for hurting Crystal."

Tadase walked up to him, "AND you don't know how much trouble you are in for hurting Amu."

Paul started to back away with fear.

Last thing, that was heard was his scream.

AT NIGHT....

In the apartment, Crystal and Ikuto laid in their beds, falling asleep. Except Crystal, couldn't fall asleep.

"I-Ikuto...", Crystal murmured.

"Hmm?", Ikuto mumbled.

"I-I can't sleep."

He turned and looked at me, "Are you alright, Crystal?"

She shook my head from left to right, sat on my bed, got my Humpty Lock, and looked at it, "My Humpty Lock hasn't recovered yet."

"Don't worry. It will recover soon."

"What if it won't?"

He got up from his bed and sat next to her, "Just believe in it. It will be okay. You just have to be patient," he said with a smile.

She looked at him and looked at her Humpty Lock.

As she looked at the Humpty Lock, Ikuto moved towards the other side of where she usually sleeps and laid there.

"Come on. Let's sleep," Ikuto said with his arms crossed behind his head on the pillow.

She looked at him with surprise as she placed her Humpty Lock back on the bedside table. "W-What are you talking about?! Y-You want to sleep next to me?!"