Chapter Four

I ran home with Kiba because he said he'd help me. But since my dad was home today, Kiba had to make a sacrifice. If he was gonna come into my room, he had to leave Akamaru with him. So he sat in front of me on my bed."Okay. So when did you realize this was happening?" He asked."It was that day at the academy when we were about 11." I said.

"It was Monday and Iruka sensei asked us how our weekend was. When he called me, I started but never finished." I explained. At least I thought I did. I looked at Kiba and he was looking at me with a face that said 'You've gotta be kidding me!'."Okay. I think you should write it down cause we're not gonna get anything out of you if you keep freezing on me." He said.

So I ran to the kitchen to get a blank scroll, some ink and a brush. I went back to my room and began writing: "It was Monday morning and we were at the academy. We were explaining how our weekend went and I froze when I tried to speak." Kiba read it and he looked at me."It looks to me like some kind of Paralysis Jutstu." He suggested.

"Is there a way to break it?" I ask."We shouldn't try breaking it just yet. We don't know for sure. That might not even be the case." He said. He had a point."Then, what should we do?" I ask."You should ask your mom if this ever happened to her." He said. I gave it some thought, then removed myself from the bed.

"Are you coming?" I ask, looking back at him still sitting in my bed."Nah, you go ahead. I'm a little worn out." He said, lying back. I gave it a shrug and left. I found my mom at Ichraku's picking up a few bowl of ramen."You're not cooking tonight, are you?" I ask, already knowing her answer."Psh, no! I've been working all week, nonstop." She said. I laughed a little then got serious.

"Mom, have you ever frozen when trying to think or remember something?" I ask."What?" She asked."It's been happening to me all the time." I told her and the thought."I'm not sure what you mean, dear." She said."Never mind." I said with a heavy sigh and went home with her. When we arrived, I went to my room and closed the door to find Kiba on my bed, asleep.

I crawled onto my bed on top of his and messed with his nose with my finger. He flinched and rubbed his nose. I tapped his nose one more time, and he moved really fast to catch my hand before I could move."Quit it, Nami." He said, not spending his eyes."If you're going to sleep, sleep at home. Unless you're staying the night. Which you know my dad won't allow." I said.

"I'm too tired to get up." He groaned, letting go of my hand and putting it back behind his head."Kiba?" I smirked."What?" He answered with a groggy voice."Do you want me to start calling you Shikamaru #2 again?" I ask and his eyes shot open."Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. Night." He said and got up.

"Wait." I said and I stood in front of him."What is it?" He asked and I looked him the eyes. His eyes sparkled and I felt like I was drawn to them. Our lips came closer to each other until they touched. His tongue slipped into my mouth and played around with mine until I broke the kiss."I'll see you tomorrow." He said and flashed out.

I went to bed with the biggest and creepiest smile on my face. I'm telling you, I looked like a clown with an abnormal amount of face paint.