Chapter 2*

Doma, my dragon, lands outside my window and I climb out of it and float to the ground using my angel wings to guide me.

“What’s wrong?” He asks through our mind bond. I sigh and sit on the floor in front of him.

“The new guy is my mate. Like mom told me I would find. All I want to do now is touch him in anyway possible.” I reply to him through the mind bond and groan then flop down onto my back. The sky is a very pretty blue with reds and pinks swirling through the clouds.

“Lanna, it’ll be okay. On the bright side Amara had our children. Two boys and a girl. The boys are Numo and Tribble, and the girl is Gema. Would you like to come meet them?” He asks me and I nod, climbing on his back. He takes off and steers us toward his home in a hidden cavern in a mountain. The mountain is actually a dormant volcano that a colony of dragons took over millions of years ago. Doma and I met when the twins were born because Damon and I had to arrange for the girls to get dragons when they reached fourteen years old. I met Doma because Damon had told me to stay in the main cavern in the volcano while he went to speak with the dragon rider leader. I got lost while wandering around I was only 6 at that time for heaven’s sake so leaving me alone in a dragon filled volcano was not okay. I eventually gave up on trying to find my way back to Damon and just sat down crying. Doma was very young as well, not six years old but young for a dragon. He laid next to me and made himself as small as possible so I didn’t feel threatened. We bonded and for everyday after that we’d meet up and just hangout with each other, he turned into my best friend and therapist. Then on my fourteenth birthday he told me we could become bonded for life, so I became his rider and he became my dragon. His wife, Amara is Bayley’s dragon, they were arranged to be partners but they still love each other nonetheless. Culum and Hallie chose each other over the ones they were arranged to be partners with. There was never any doubt that they were meant to be paired up, they’re both very stubborn and love the adrenaline they get from doing stupid stunts. When we get to the cave there isn’t anyone in sight. All the dragons and their riders are cluttered around a private cave; Amara and Doma’s cave. I climb off his back and we run toward the cave. Sitting on the stone floor is Amara’s limp body with a note pinned to her chest that reads “I’m coming for my money” in scratchy red letters. ‘I know who did this…’ a voice says in my head, it’s Jessica my demons personality. ‘A demon bounty hunter named Annabell.’

“Jessica knows who did this. A demon bounty hunter named Annabell.” I tell Doma but he doesn’t hear me, he’s staring at her lifeless body. I go to the head of the dragon colony. “Where are their children?”

“Over here. They were asleep when it happened and have no clue of what’s happened.” He says and leads me to another cavern with the three small dragons sitting on the floor. I go to them and let them smell me. When they recognize their father’s scent on me they sit in front of me, almost uniformly, and wait for me to say something. I kneel in front of them.

“Do you know what has happened to your mother?” I ask them and they all shake their heads. I sigh and look at the floor with tears in my eyes, I had bonded with Amara just as Bayley bonded with Doma. Our dragons are- were- married so we had gotten to know the other’s dragon.

“It would probably come from you the best. Doma can’t even move.” The head dragon says and I nod at him. I look at the three dragons in front of me and begin crying as silently as possible before a sob racks my body. It takes me a few minutes to compose myself then I look at the kids again.

“Your mother was murdered.” I say and they all tilt their heads in confusion at me. “She no longer lives.”

“They will not understand until they’re older.” Torin, the head dragon riders dragon, tells me and I look up at him.

“Why were there no guards in the halls? You know Malcolm has had targets on your people. You have an army for a reason! Use it and protect your people so this doesn’t happen again!” I say and look down to the small dragons. “If Doma or any of these three die you will have an enemy within the Supernatural House.”

“Is that a threat Miss Lanna?” Head councilor Jones asks walking up to me. At this point I am so angry that I have no sense of myself so in an act of defiance I get in his face.

“It’s a promise.” I utter through gritted teeth as he held my gaze with the same intensity.

“Take your dragon and leave. This is an internal affair that must be dealt with by us. Not an abomination.” He says and I smile at him.

“This abomination doesn’t need to conduct an investigation to know which bounty hunter did this. Annabell Grace, the most powerful demonic bounty hunter out there. Have fun catching her without the help of my family.” I tell him and walk away with Numo, Tribble, and Gema following me. I find Doma sitting in a corner just staring off into space. “Doma I am no longer welcome here. I will fly myself back but Tribble, Numo and Gema will follow.”

“Take them with you.” He says and I nod.

“Please come with us.” I plead with him but he ignores me completely and walks away. I look down at the three helpless dragons at my feet. “Let’s go.”

We get back to the house without an issue but when we arrive Head Councilor Jones had already arrived and was talking to Bayley. She looked to me then the three dragons behind me.

“Why are they here?” She hisses through gritted teeth.

“Leave now Jones.” I tell the gray haired old man and he bows his head. “They are here because Doma was not in a good mental capacity to take care of these three.”

“Amara is- was the fiercest warrior out there. She was only weak because she had them.” Bayley snaps at me.

“You will not blame these children for the passing of Amara. If she wasn't the most exposed one there the bounty hunter would've gone after another dragon.” I tell her, setting my hand on her shoulder. She shrugs it off.

“Keep them out of my sight.” She spats at me and walks away.