Chapter 1: Coming Home (Audio) too

1

It had been four years since she'd left home. Four years of travelling and trying to find a place to call home. All these years gone by and the realization hit her hard. Pieces of her were missing. Maybe back home was where she needed to be. To search for herself there and see if she could find them. 

It was a month later when she returned. No phone calls, texts or emails to anyone. She didn't want people to know she was coming home. A sharp pain entered her chest upon seeing the 'Welcome to Upperton' sign. 

From where she sat in her Black SUV she could see The GO Tower. Would her brothers be there? Shego rolled her green eyes and turned her car on. There was only one way to find out. 

Her hand print wouldn't pick up in the wall scanner. She cursed under her breath and kicked the metal doors. "Let me in!" She yelled finally at it. 

"Intruder!" A robotic voice chirped out. "Intruder!" It said getting louder. 

Shego turned in annoyance and started to leave. 

Hego came out of the elevator doors ready to fight. He stopped when he saw the female. His jaw dropped in shock. "Shannon is that you?" 

Shego turned around. Her long hair was chopped up to her shoulders now. It was cute on her. "Hey." She timidly said, "Can I come in?" 

2

Hego nodded. "Sure sister of mine." They entered the elevator and he hit the button to go up. "So where in the hell did you go? We've all been searching the world for you. Kim is still worried sick." He said, holding in the secret they had together. 

Kim. The main reason Shannon left. They got off the elevator and went to sit around the large round metal table. Shannon slouched in her green chair and let out a scream before burying her face in her arms and the table. 

"Can I get you anything? Water? A pillow or something to break?" Hego asked being careful to not to get too close. He heard his sister crying. He placed a comforting hand on a shoulder. Shannon let him keep it there. 

She lifted her head enough to say, "Water." 

Hego was quick to get some and bring it back. 

She drank it like she'd been in the Sahara heat for days. "Thank you." 

Hego sat on top of the table. "Shannon, please talk to me." 

"How is she? Kim, I mean." Shannon asked curiously. 

3

Kim googled Shannon's alias's again for the thousandth time. Sarah Demmens, Grace Blue, Sharona Green, just to name a few. This was like searching for Carmen Sandiego, but this time Carmen was off the grid for real. She'd spoken to Hego and his brothers two days ago about Shannon, still nothing. 

"They would've found her body by now." Ron said grabbing a Lemon flavored bottle of tea from the fridge. 

Kim shot him a nasty look. "Jerk." She said to her best friend. "I know you didn't like her, but that was just mean."  

"Four years, seven months, and so on, KP. There's a reason why she left and we may never know why." Ron said to her honestly. 

"Drakken has to know something! I mean she was working for him for so long." Kim said, her eyes glued to the computer screen. 

"You would've gotten information out of him by now." Ron took his tea and left the room. 

Ron was right. Drakken would've spilled any contact with Shannon by now. It was so odd she didn't keep in touch with him. If he was lying through his teeth then he was doing one hell of a good job. 

4

Shannon had told her brother that the reason she left was because of Kim, of course. Shortly after Kim and Ron's graduation he had proposed to her. She couldn't take the news and had packed her bags to leave. Her feelings for Kim had gone unnoticed and unheard. Hego was the only one that knew that Shannon loved her. 

"People that cared for you went searching the area for months. Those months have turned into four years!" Hego lectured his sister. "If it wasn't for you checking in with me with burner phones then I would know nothing." And this was the secret they shared.    

What Shannon didn't know was that even though Kim had said yes at first she then told Ron that she wasn't ready for marriage. Kim had told Ron two months after he proposed that she had feelings for a girl. It was a few weeks later when he found out it was Shego and at the beginning of the fourth month together they had broken up. 

Between the first two months Shannon had packed her things and quietly left. No one had noticed in the beginning she had gone. They all thought she was plotting with Drakken. 

The break-up had been rough,but hey remained close friends. Ron was married to Martin Smarty's daughter, Marissa. Ron was now working as a co-manager at Smarty Mart, the cousin to Wal-Mart as Mr. Smarty would sometimes say. 

Ron and Marissa had been together for a little over two and a half years now. Their life was solid and had lately been talking about having a baby. That bit of information no one else knew.