Chapter 2: Seriously?! (with Video) too

5

Shannon had slept in her old bedroom at GO Tower. It was mainly being used for storing random stuff now. She had to push and shove things around just to walk to the bed. It had been covered in the twins' clothing, which smelled funky. Waking up with a headache she grumpily went down to the kitchen to make herself something to eat. 

Mego dropped his fork onto the floor and didn't bother to pick it up. "Where the heck did you come from?" He shouted at his older sister. 

Shannon's head felt like someone was drilling into it. "My room." She said in her naturally sarcastic way. "Good to see you too." She felt his arms wrap around her body tightly. "Ow!" She complained, but was happy to know he cared. 

"Shan, seriously, where have you been? The whole world was and still is looking for you." Mego stood there waiting for an answer. 

Shannon was still very tired and she made herself a fresh pot of coffee while saying, "All over the place. I stayed in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and some other places. Also under a catalog of various alias's."

Mego reached to touch her hair. "Nice hair cut." He said, but it looked better longer on her. 

Shannon smiled. "Thanks bro, and how is life with you?" 

6

"I got married about eight months ago. Her name is Nichelle Crastell - Gordon. I'm not sure if you and her would get along though." Mego said, "I think your personalities would clash." 

Shannon rolled her green eyes, "I'll meet her if you want me to and congrats." 

Mego watched her smile fade into something dark and sad. "Yeah, cool . . . so have you spoken to Kim yet? She's done nothing but try to find you since you've been gone." 

Shannon was surprised by this. Why? "Me and Kim were cool once upon a time. Not even sure why she cares . . . if she does. Maybe she just wants to throw me in prison for something she thinks I did. I haven't done much stealing these last few years. I actually had a Barista job in New York for a legit year." 

"Kim is genuinely concerned, Shannon. Anyone that has been around her knows she really cares about you." Mego finally picked up his fork and put it in the sink. "Just think about getting in touch with her." 

Shannon did want to see Kim, but from a distance. There's no telling what would happen if they came face to face. She didn't trust herself enough to be alone with the woman she loved. 

7

In a pair of black jeans, black shoes and green top, Shannon grabbed a hat of Hego's and put it on. She then grabbed her dark sunglasses to shield her eyes. She didn't want anyone to figure out it was her. Going to the store was weird. Avoiding old frenemies was almost torture. She hated herself for not using one of those online grocery cart services. That's how she'd gotten a lot of stuff in the past year. Amazon and other services too were like heaven to her. 

"Well I know Kim was looking through the newspaper articles online. There's no leads at all. Poor thing is lying in a ditch or a lake somewhere." An older man said to the cashier in front of her. 

Shannon looked at the magazines around her. Oh boy . . .  'Not giving up on Shego!' one headline said, 'May peace be with Miss Gordon.' Hego knew all of this was a lie from the start. Everyone else was in the dark. "Might as well be dead." She grumbled to herself. 

The cashier was half way through her purchases when she said, "I'm sorry, but are you familiar with the Gordon case? Are you a relative?" 

Shannon was quick to put on an accent. "I'm just visiting family from Wisconsin." 

"Oh . . . okay." The cashier Pammy sighed in disappointment. 

Shannon paid for her stuff and left the store. 

8

"I told you people are still looking and wondering about you." Hego said as he helped with the groceries. "Heck even Aviarius chirped in several times asking if we have found you." 

"Please tell me he's not crushing on me again." Shannon threw the bag into the recycle trash can. 

"No, just concerned. He's with someone lady that calls herself Owletta." 

Shannon nodded, "Good for him." Hego watched as she fought with her emotions. 

"If you want to keep hiding that's on you. Just know people are out there looking for you and your remains." Hego let that last word deepen in his voice. 

That stuck a chord with Shannon. Remains. Four years of looking for a still breathing body. "I need time, Hego." 

"Shan, don't you think four years is long enough?" 

Shannon felt tears fall down. "It'll never be long enough. Kim married Ron and well my feelings for her are stupid anyway. It's not like she'd leave him for me. 

9

"What are you talking about?" Mego said coming into the kitchen. "Ron is married to the Smarty-Mart man's daughter." 

Shannon turned to look him in the eyes. "Seriously?" She hated sounding like Motor Ed. 

"And when did you turn into a Lesbian? Maybe we should get you a cool new outfit RainbowGo or PrideGo." He made a face. "Yeah those sound lame. Is Kim the reason you left?" 

Shannon felt hope inside and she let out happy tears. Then again she realized Kim was straight or so she thought. "Yes. I heard Ron propose to her and she said yes to him. I knew then I had to get out of town. " 

"I honestly had no clue, Shannon." Hego said and put the last of the groceries away. "I don't keep tabs on Stoppable. I am sorry I should have known." 

Mego sat down. "I thought everyone knew about the marriage between Ron and that girl. It was in the paper, Facebook, and many other social sites." 

Shannon sighed. "I haven't been into those things. I just check emails and play random games and watchstupid stuff on youtube." 

Mego laughed. "Ron and his wife filmed their wedding. It's on there too." 

Shannon was interested. She left to go find and watch the video.