Prologue

"Boyle, there is literally no other explanation. He has to of ran off." Amy sighed.

"Amy, he's Jake Peralta. He doesn't just run off like that. He was so excited, there was no reason why he would do that." Boyle insisted.

"Well, he did."

"He could hardly run! Did you forget he got shot in the knee six-years-ago?" Charles reasoned.

Rosa walked through and sighed at them both. Two months later, they were still trying to crack the case which Rosa thought was dead from the moment it had gotten picked up. "Guys! Stop trying to solve this. I talked to Jake just before he vanished. He was so flipped out, as well as being nervous. The only reasonable explanation for the disappearance is that he ran off. The door was found wide open, did you forget Amy that you asked him to open the door?"

"Well, obviously I didn't forget. I haven't stopped thinking about it. But he had to have ran off, Boyle. Just live with it." Amy huffed.

Boyle put his head down. "Fine."

Amy smiled a small smile. "Good, it feels great to close the case."

Nineteen years later

Holly looked over to the board of pictures from when her dad was around her age. Stacked on the table were his old cases. The ones from which caused him the most amount of pride. The ones of which contained the most wanted criminals he caught. The ones of which would contain the people who might have wanted to kidnap him, or maybe even worse.

"I'm coming for you, dad." She whispered to herself, grinning.