A Secret Partner...

Logan approached his sister from behind. "Holly, are you with us?" He questioned after having noticed that she was hardly in with the world. 

Holly stammered and shook her head. "Huh?" She wondered, confused about who called her name and, more specifically, how she got into work. "What's going on? How did I get here?"

"I take it living with your new roommate is hard on you," Logan joked with a smug grin slowly appearing on his face. 

"You know exactly how hard living with that nutcase is," She turned to Ashley on the other side of the room with a large, tired yawn. "He's doing stupid meditation things during the middle of the night, and he's so damn consistent on doing a pathetic routine before bed." Holly sighed, unable to think straight. "I swear, it's been the worst week of my life!"

"Actually, a scientific study shows that doing a daily routine, like listening to calming music or taking a nightly stroll using the same path shows better results in mood during the following day and better sleep analysis." 

Holly gave her older brother a death stare. Logan continued to smugly smile over at her. "Since when did you get so smart?" She badgered, not losing her glare from him.

"Since birth," He bragged. "When did you become dumb?" 

Holly forcefully smiled and laughed, before looking down at her desk. Logan stood there for a moment, waiting for her to pick her head back up and ask an-

"Why are you even on this floor? You're a uniformed officer, you supposed to be one floor down!" Holly picked her head back up.

Logan nodded. Yep, I knew she'd do that, He thought. "Mom wanted to see me."

"Oh, FYI, if you call her 'Mom', she will go ballistic." Holly offered her advice. She scoffed, "I learned that the hard way..." She sighed, looking down at the floor. 

Amy appeared out of her office. "Officer Peralta!" She called, looking over at Logan, "My office." 

"Yes, Captain," Logan returned, making Amy disappear again. He smirked at Holly as he walked by her desk and over to the open office door. "You wanted to see me," he pointed out the obvious, standing across from the captain of the Precinct, as well as his own mother.

"Yes, I need your help with something," Amy mentioned, pulling a stern face, -not that she didn't ever not have the stern face- "Only you can know about this, and it is top secret, do you copy?" She asked.

"Of course, Captain, I completely follow," Logan smiled proudly. "What do you need me to do?"

She looked out the window and spotted her daughter happily looking through her case file. "It's regarding your sister," Amy mentioned, making Logan groan in stubbornness, "You are the only one I know that would be able to do this." 

"What is it?" Logan asked with hesitation.

"Help her with your Father's case. He didn't run off, something else happened, and she could get hurt. Majorly hurt if she continues this with no backup. I am not asking you as your Captain, I'm asking you as your Mother. I am worried about her, and I know as her brother, you might be worried about her too. "

***************

(Holly's POV)

Okay, so Logan was a complete jerk today, not that he isn's always one anyway, but after he left Mom's office from talking to her, he was all of a sudden invested in Dad's case. Since I picked it up a few weeks ago, I have never been allowed to discuss Dad's case at home if he was there, as because he's such a stupid-head, he's constantly mentioning that Dad ran out on us.