Chapter 2: Welcome to the family

Outside the former city stood a fortress, the Autobot headquarters where Optimus Prime himself and his elite Autobot warriors resided as they spent their joors protecting the planet.

Today, the base was bustling with Autobots entering and leaving with the wounded and supplies gained and collected from war torn city or what was left of the place after the Decepticons tore through it. Refugees were being bustled out to be sent to the few remaining refugee camps scattered across the planet or on transport ships to off planet settlements on Cybertron's moons.

Inside the base, the bustling noise of metallic steps and conversations filled the halls and rooms. The cafeteria was crowded with warriors downing their energon rations. Soldiers could be heard relating stories from recent battles or displaying off new scars.

"So with my blaster..."

"That con didn't even know who the frag he was dealing with..."

"Look at this cool new scar!"

"My commanding officer said I have real potential out there..."

"Did you see Commander Ironhide? So epic!"

"And the Second in Command's ninja moves ripped through those pathetic Cons!"

Past this boisterous chatter was the long winding and unwelcoming hallway to the medical wing. Here was where the infamous chief medic Ratchet worked with the female medic Red Alert and their team of medics who worked under their command. The med bay was Ratchet's domain, commanders and warriors alike feared and respected the medic in his kingdom. Even Primes were not immune to the brutal rule of the chief Autobot medic.

Today, the area was relatively quiet with most of the battle wounds taken care of in the last seven orns. Now, only a few injured remained on the hospital berths awaiting their freedom.

In a corner sat a young femme, a youngling, who watched the soldiers coming in. She was a navy blue color with a with pink accents and a pretty petite body. She sat bored with a datapad in her small servos. Ratchet took the supplies coming in and began to take a count of the new supplies, barking out the list to another medic who hurriedly recorded the numbers. He nodded and directed the soldiers carrying the different items while adding notes to a datapad in his own servo.

Without raising his optics he stated firmly:

"Arcee, get your optics off the warriors and back to the datapad in front of you."

The youngling straightened before scowling and grumbling over having to be watched over by the medic. She was here because Elita and Chromia, her adoptive mother and aunt who had taken her in after they had found her abandoned as a sparkling and had been watching over her in the Autobot base, were off on recon. So now she was stuck here in the dreaded med bay.

Ratchet glanced over at her before stepping over to the youngling. He leaned down and began addressing her sternly:

"Now Arcee, you know that Elita and Chromia want you to learn more about Cybertronian history. Well, at least Elita and Optimus want you to learn more. Chromia would be happy if you could shoot whatever moves. But you know we expect this education from a sparkling growing up under the care of the sparkmate to the Prime. Fact is, all Autobots whether civilian or warrior class need to understand the history of its planet to truly understand the war. Anyway, don't you want to make them happy?"

Arcee nodded reluctantly.

"And don't you want to be an Autobot warrior like Elita and Chromia?" he demanded, his arms crossed.

She perked up at the mention of warrior and nodded. All her life she had reveled in the magnificent stories about the battles and wars fought across their planet. She had heard about Optimus Prime's many stands against Megatron, Elita and Chromia's deadly skill with their strike team, Ironhide's penchant for destruction, and Arcee had seen the glorious celebration of the Autobot victories. It really was no surprise to anyone that her dream was to become a great Autobot fighter and fight in the war alongside the legendary Autobots she admired and idolized.