Ten (26K SPECIAL)

~(What's done in the dark, comes to light)~

One month ago...

Neils POV

A voice comes from behind me and I turn around to peek.

It was him, standing near the gate while on the phone. It wasn't until I heard what he was saying that made me actually pay attention.

"Look we can't keep doing this alright? If my wife found out it would ruin everything. Just stay there I'm on my way I promise, alright bye."

What was that all about? An just who was this asshole speaking to exactly?

Part of me could smell that something wasn't right with him. Even when I look at him it's like looking at my own father.

Only difference is David doesn't have the balls to hit Scarlett. I'd break his fucking face in if he ever tried to harm her.

Business, money and sex is all he cares about.

I wouldn't be shocked if that wasn't one of his mistresses on the phone. If he is cheating I will get to the bottem of it eventually.

Scarlett deserves better than a waste of a husband named David.

A black Bentley pulls up and I squint my eyes in confusion. This couldn't of been my friends car he's not doing that well to afford something like this.

Next thing the car door swings open and the devil made his presence known.

"Dad?" A voice came from behind me, I tried not to be seen.

"Hello son, would you mind telling me why your brother is spying on you in the bushes?"

That asshole!

"What?" David asked in confusion.

"Step out Neil and talk to your brother like an adult, instead of playing hide and seek in the bushes."

Placing my hands in my pockets I made my presence known.

"The hell were you spying on me for?" David hissed.

"Why are you keeping things from your wife?" I hissed back.

My father looked at us both in question.

"Keeping what things?" He asked my brother.

"I-I'm not keeping anything, he's just doing what he always does. Getting his nose rubbed in someone else's business!"

"Well if I could prevent a female from being hurt or mistreated, your damn right I will!" I replied under gritted teeth.

He stepped closer towards me as if I had something to be afraid of.

"I don't care if your my brother, if you even THINK, about ruining my marriage with Scarlett I WILL kill you."

I stepped closer.

"I'd like to see you try,"

"Enough," My father sighed placing his arm in between pushing us apart.

"Look I don't know what's going on, in fact I don't really care. But both of you will be attending dinner with me tonight."

Both of our heads turned in sync.

"What?"

"I'm not going to dinner with this... clown." My brother replied.

Ignoring my brother my father turned to me. "Neil why are you leaving when you're supposed to be at work?"

"I quit."