A gift of a friend

It was a sunny day and it was my first year in a public school and I didn't have any friends. I was in the forth grade and had just turned eight years old. My hair was black and I had blue eyes. I wasn't as skinny as most kids, I had a little of a stomach and I wore the school uniform.

When I arrived at the school there was a bunch of kids outside playing. My mother walked into the school with me and sent me a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you will make a lot of friends." She said patting my shoulder.

I looked down and set in a chair in the office as I waited for my mother to get done talking to the Principal. I looked up as I heard two boys walking into the office.

"Sherlock! Victor! What can I do for you?" The receptionist asked with a smile.

"We heard there was a new student so we came to welcome her." The boy named Victor said with a smile.

"I just came to see who it was." Sherlock said with a frown.

"Well she is over there." She said pointing towards me.

Victor sent me a smile as he grabbed his friend and dragged him over to me.

"Hi! I'm Victor Trevor and this is my friend Sherlock Holmes." Victor said with a big smile.

"I'm Isabelle Smith." I whispered.

"It's nice to meet you Isabelle would you like to be our friend?" Victor asked with a smile.

I nodded my head and he smiled as he set beside me. His friend Sherlock set on the other seat and stared at me.

"Why is he staring?" I asked softly.

"Oh he is just deducing you. Don't worry." Victor said with a smile.

"Your eight years old, have a single mother, no siblings. This is your first time at a public school. Your father was a soldier, but he left when you where five. You like dogs, and you have two, a German Shepard and a Siberian Husky." Sherlock said calmly.

"Wow.... that was amazing. How did you do that?" I asked with a smile.

"Thanks. I just read you. I could tell you had dogs. Because of the hairs, not same dog hair. Your father left because you are nervous around guys, and you hadn't went to a public school because you seemed amazed by it. " He said with a blush.

"That is so cool can you teach me how to do that?" I asked with a smile.

He smiled back as he nodded his head and then started to help me learn how to read people. After awhile my mom came out and smiled as she saw me talking to Sherlock and Victor.

"Hello boys. I'm Isabelle's mother and what might your names be?" She asked with a smile.

"I'm Victor and this is Sherlock."

"A pleasure to meet you both. Isabelle, I have to go to work, but I'm sure these two can show you around." She said kissing my forehead.

"Bye mum." I said with a smile.

After she left we went to our home room and met our teacher Mrs. Jones. I smiled as she introduced me to the class and then put me in the seat beside a girl with girl with piggy tails.

"Hi, I'm Eurus Holmes." She said with a smile.

"Nice to meet you I'm Isabelle Smith." I said with a smile.

"I see your friends with my brother Sherlock. If I was you I wouldn't try to be his friend." She said with a frown.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"Because I am the only girl who should be in his life besides our mum." She said glaring at me.

She then looked up at the front of the class and I raised my hand and asked if I could sit beside Sherlock. I smiled as I grabbed my things and walked over to Sherlock and set beside me. He sent me a smile as I open my note book and started to write notes. After school was over I waited for my mom to come pick me up. I smiled as I saw Sherlock walk up to me and sit beside me.

"Hi are you waiting for your parents too?" I asked softly.

"Yea they normally run late. What about you?" Sherlock asked softly.

"My mom most likely has overtime so, I'll be here for awhile." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"You could come with me. We could call your mum and tell her." He said with a smile.

"Thanks Sherlock." I said with a smile.

It wasn't long before his parents came and picked him and me up with Eurus. I laughed with Sherlock in the back as he told me about how he wanted to be a Pirate.

"As long as I'm the first mate with Victor I'm fine with it." I said with a smile.

"Lets see I call Victor, Redbeard so you will be known as.... Izzy." Sherlock said happily.

"First mate Izzy... I like it." I said with a smile.

We arrived at his house and I looked on shocked as I saw that he lived in a mansion. We ran inside and his parents laughed as we ran around the mansion and he gave me a tour before we went outside.

"So Sherlock, do you have anymore siblings other than Eurus?" I asked with a smile.

"Yea, Mycroft my jerk of a brother. He thinks he is so much smarter than me." Sherlock explained.

"I bet you are smarter." I said with a smile.

He laughed as we went to his room and started to read about World War One and how it affected everyone. After awhile I looked up to see a boy walk past Sherlock's room.

"Who was that?" I asked turning to Sherlock.

"Mycroft." He said calmly.

"Oh. So where is your sister?" I asked softly.

"Probably bugging my parents. Want to go and play Pirates?" He asked standing up.

"Sure lets go." I said with a laugh.

I smiled as Victor met up with us and we ran around the creek with fake swords. After awhile I set down and watched them play.

"So you must be Isabelle." A voice said behind me.

I turned to see Mycroft looking down at me.

"And you must be Mycroft." I said calmly.

"I don't see why Sherlock became your friend. You aren't much." He said crossing his arms over his chest.

"Maybe it's because I'm nice." I said with a frown.

"No probably felt sorry for you."

"I feel sorry for you." I said with a smile.

"Why?" He asked confused.

"Cause you don't have any friends." I said with a smirk as I ran over towards Sherlock.

That was the start of a constant feud between me and Mycroft Holmes. We would try to out smart the other. I spent most of my time reading every book about Government just to catch up to him. After awhile it became most of my life to learn everything I could, even if it was the dumbest thing.