Say goodbye

I laughed as Sher ran around the store. He had just turned two and a half. I walked up the stairs to my desk and I let out a groan as I set down and started to fill out some papers. I looked up when I heard a knock. I saw the door open and watched someone walk into my office.

"John?" I asked confused.

"Hi. Been awhile Isabelle." He said with a smile.

"Yea it has been. What are you doing here?" I asked confused.

"Guess you haven't heard.... um.... last night I went to dinner with Mary. During dinner I had this waiter.... it was Sherlock." He said softly.

"What do you mean it was Sherlock?" I asked confused.

"Sherlock's alive." He said looking at me sadly.

I froze and I took in a breath and put m thanks to my mouth.

"He is alive.... how?" I asked softly.

"Faked his death.... don't know why I didn't really care. I wanted to tell you so in the event you saw him.... you would know it wasn't a hallucination." He said softly.

"Thank you. Hey little man." I said as Sherlock ran into the room and set on my lap.

"So this is his namesake. Poor kid." John said with a laugh.

"Aunt Izzy there is a guy here to see you. He is in a suit." Sher said with a smile.

"Alright let's go." I said as I picked him up and carried him out of my office.

I froze as I saw Mycroft and I let out a sigh.

"Izzy hey!" Lily said stopping me.

"I know." I said calmly.

"Mycroft called me and told me he was coming." She said softly.

"It's fine. Sher why don't you go and play." I said with a smile.

"But I stay with you." He said with a pout.

"I know, but I got some work to take care of and after I'm done we can play pirates." I said with a smile.

He smiled and ran off to do god only knows what. Lily sent me a reassuring smiled and I walked up to Mycroft.

"So he lives. Let me guess you knew." I said looking at Mycroft.

"I wanted to tel-"Mycroft started

"Don't. Three years, twenty four days, thirty minutes, and sixty seconds. That's how long I thought he was dead..... that is how long you let me think he was dead." I said shaking my head.

"Isabelle...."

"Don't.... please just leave.... I really don't want to see you.... or him.... I know he probably doesn't wish to talk to me anyways and that is fine.... I just really want to forget about Sherlock Holmes.... and I wouldn't mind forgetting about Mycroft Holmes either. " I said as I turned and walked away.

John looked at me sadly and I smiled as I walked over to Sher.

"Let's go play kiddo." I said in a whisper.

"Yay!" He squealed happily.

We played for awhile and then I went back up to my office.

"Are you okay?" Lily asked sitting in front of me.

"No.... Lily I... I spent nights lying awake blaming myself for Sherlock's death and he was alive.... and he couldn't even come and tell me himself... I guess I didn't matter to him." I said shaking my head.

"Or he felt bad about how you both left off and couldn't face you." She said softly.

"Sherlock Holmes has never felt bad in his life." I said as I stood up and grabbed a file.

"I'm sure it will be alright. Anyways after work could you go to the grocery store and pick some stuff up?" She asked as she pulled out a list.

"Sure I'll take Sher with me." I said softly.

"Thank you. Your the best." She said as she stood up and walked out of my office.

Soon work was over and I had Lily go home while I left to get some groceries with Sher. I made my way through the store and let out a sigh as I put cereal in my cart. I heard a sound and I walked towards the cash register. I saw a man in a ski mask and I saw him quickly turn and I heard the gun go off.

I felt a pain in my stomach and I moved my hand to my stomach. I slowly moved my hand away and I saw red. I felt my body fall forward and heard someone scream for help. The man who pulled the trigger ran out of the store and a man rushed to my side.

"Ma'am! Stay with me! Hey stay with me!" The man yelled.

I turned my head to look at the man and saw home had short black hair and brown eyes.

"Sher......" I whispered as I saw him run to my side.

"Aunty Izzy! Aunty Izzy!" He screamed as he started shaking me.

"It's okay.... it's okay." I whispered as I held his hand.

I felt my hand slip and I closed my eyes and everything went dark. The last thing I heard was Sher screaming my name. When I open my eyes again I was in the back of a ambulance and a woman was ordering the man.

"Sher..." I said as I blinked.

"Ma'am you need to stay still." She said calmly.

"My... my god son Sher was with me is he... is he okay?" I asked looking around.

"Yes the man who called us is bringing him to the hospital. Do you remember what happen?" She asked softly.

"I got shot....." I said as I tried to keep my eyes open.

"Do you have someone we can call?"

"My... Mycroft Holmes.... call Mycroft.... please.... I want... I want Mycroft.." I said before my eyes closed shut.

"Isabelle! Hey Isabelle stay awake! I need you stay awake." She said sternly.

"I... I can't." I whispered.

I passed out again and heard the woman call my name over and over again.