Chapter 2: Honey

"Where the fuck is she?" Alaska was getting mad. It was almost ten in the morning. I didn't leave the club until four last night. I was running on lots of coffee and stress. Scarlet still hadn't shown up.

"Shes always late." Piper said while stretching her legs out. I was also on the floor stretching and waiting.

Alaska was shooting fire by now. "I'm going to kill her." Piper giggled. "Piper, you teach Alli. Im going to go murder Scarlet."

"Good luck." Piper smiled to her as she left. "Okay!" She hopped up and clapped her hands together. "You ready?" I slowly got up, less gracefully, and nodded. "Show me what you can do already."

I froze. "Okay," the poll was cold around my hands. I tried to dance, failed, fell, and turned red. Piper smiled.

"You dont know how to do this do you?" Embarrassed, I shook my head no. "Well buckle up buttercup because you have a lot to learn."

▪▪▪

We practiced up until three with a couple breaks in between. I was exhausted. I went back to my apartment only to find Joe at my door. sighed. "Ah! Allison. I'm glad you're here."

"I bet." I said mostly to myself.

"Why don't you come up to my place. We can talk more there." He was blocking my door, but I pushed past. He grabbed my arm and made me turn to him. "Didn't you hear me, woman?" I could smell the alcohol.

"Leave me alone, Joe." I pulled myself away and ran inside, shutting and locking the door behind me. He banged his fists on the door.

I sat down with my back against the door. Why is this my life? I let out a scream and looked at the clock. Four.

Getting up, I walked over to my the couch to rest. The next thing I know I was dreaming.

▪▪▪

I woke up at 8:45. I had to be at work at 9. "Shit." I quickly grabbed my keys and ran out the house and down the street.

I arrived in just the nick of time. Alaska was polishing glasses when I came running in with my big boots. She gave me a look, but went back to what she was doing. Thanking whoever was watching over me, I ran to the changing room.

When I walked in I immediately saw Piper at her vanity, dressed, doing her makeup. She did a double take when she saw me. "Hurry! Go get dressed." She tossed an outfit and heels my way.

I quickly changed into them and went over to Piper's vanity. She sighed and helped me with my hair and makeup before showtime.

Once 9:45 hit people started to come in and order drinks. Us girls didn't go on stage till 10.

"Listen girl," Piper said. "You're not going to be good tonight and that's fine. Just fake it till you make it." I nodded.

"Thanks." She smiled and slapped my butt.

"Have you decided your stage name yet?" I didn't even know we were supposed to make one up.

"Um... no." She sighed and shrugged.

Alaska came in and leaned up against the door frame. "Its showtime ladies. Get out there and make mama proud!" The girls strutted out of the room one by one.

"Good luck, Honey." Piper kissed my cheak before walking out herself. Honey. That has a nice ring to it.

"Ready Alli?"

I smiled wickedly at Alaska. "You can call me Honey."