Chapter 5: Hustle

A hot breath blew on my neck as I arched my back. Warm hands wrapped around my waist lifting me up. "I want you." Escaped my lips. I ran my fingers through the soft, black hair that laid on my stomach.

Little kisses trailed up my body and latched onto my neck. Our bodies rubbed together, making them hot and sweaty.

"Let me love you." She whispered. I had fully given myself up to her. She could take me right now.

"Get up." She said, but yet her hands still fondled my chest. "Alli, wake up!"

Suddenly my body froze as my eyes opened up. I was where Jules put me last night. A small little room with a bed and a desk. Now her fists were banging on the other side of the door.

I removed my hands from my body and sat up. It was just a dream Al. Nothing more. Pulling my shirt back down I hopped off the bed to go open the door. Before I could manage, Jules came walking in. It looked like she didnt sleep last night. Still in the same clothes she was in yesterday and dark bags under her eyes.

She looked me up and down before speaking again. "Sorry to wake you," she started. "Breakfast is getting cold. Thought you might like some before it does." This Jules was not the same one I met the night before. This one looked defeated. More aware that people have feelings and aren't just a play toy.

"That sounds good. Let me just get some pants on." I laughed and in return she smiled. It caught me off guard at how wonderful her smile is. I never thought Jules, of all people would have one of those.

Walking over to the suitcase Jules packed, I pulled out a pair of grey leggings. I quickly put them on and turned back to Jules. She was looking down kicking a rock around.

"I'm ready." Her head shot up. She began shaking her head.

"Alright, let's go." A part of me wanted to stop her and pull her back to bed with me, to ask her if she was okay, to love her, but instead she opened the door for me and followed me out.

■ ■ ■

"What's that?" Jules told me to stay close for the remainder of the day. She needed to 'figure things out'. By the time I got done eating, she was already dressed and ready to go out. She gave me time to shower and get dressed.

"Here, put this on." She handed me a baseball cap.

"Why?" The hat was a little big on my head, but I'd make it work.

"To hide your hair. I'm afraid someone is going to recognize you." She looked around suspiciously.

"You didnt answer my question, Julia." Suddenly she stopped and grabbed my throat. Her eyes became dark and the Jules I knew before was back.

"Dont ever call me that again. Understood?" She stared back at me with dark orbs. Her hand burned my neck she was holding it so tightly. She dropped me and stepped back. "Alli, I'm so sorry." She wouldn't make eye contact with me. The wind in the alley picked up and I became chilled.

Walking up to her, I laid against her chest. Heat radiated off her. Her arms held me tight as her scent got me drunk. "Please forgive me. Allison I'm so sorry. I'm just really tired right now. I'd never purposely hurt you like that. Believe me." She was begging me now.

Without thinking I leaned up to her. Our lips locked. The sparks I felt last night were back and bigger than ever. I felt myself suddenly become more aroused by our connection. Her hands slowly worked their way up my back.

Grabbing the back of her head, I pushed my body closer to hers. She jerked away and backed up. For a split second I thought I hurt her, but I could never do that.

"We need to keep going." I watched as she rubbed her lips. Our eyes connected for a second, but every ounce of affection was gone and we were back to the same old Jules.

■ ■ ■

Inside the storage building there was two sets of cars. Jules told me to hide somewhere where she could still keep an eye on me. I decided to hide in an office next to the door just in case I had to get away fast.

In the office there was a window looking out to the action.

"Julia!" A big fat man gestured to Jules with a hug. "How are you my dear?" Jules glanced over to me and nodded.

"Good." She gave him a slight hug.

"Where are your friends?" He laughed and looked around.

"Home. They dont need to know about this."

"Right." He clapped his hands together. "Hows the family?" He laughed again.

"I think you already know that answer." I could tell she was getting angry.

Leaning into Jules, the man whispered something in her ear. Her eyes shot up to me before backing up and pulling out her gun. She pointed it at the fat man. He only laughed in response.

"You sure about that?"

I watched Jules look down. "I cant let you do that, Hus." She looked over to me and mouthed, 'run'.

My body went into panic mode. Standing up from the crouched position I was in, a stack of papers fell over. It echoed in the building causing everyone to look my way.

"Go." Hus snapped his figures and two of his men started to walk my way. I looked over to Jules to see what to do next. Her eyes were filled with panic. Looking back to Hus she made her decision. My mind couldnt comprehend what was happening. Jules had shot the two men down. They laid in front of the mirror, blood spilling out of them.

"Oh my god." I whispered to myself. Another gun shot rang out. Snapping my head up, I saw Jules laying on the ground and Hus over her. "Jules, get up."

Hus looked over at me and smiled. "This your girl? Shes cute."

Jules rolled over on her side exposing fresh blood. "Al, run. Dont come back." She was struggling.

I didnt want to leave her. I wanted to be the bigger person and save her, but flight won. The door opened with a bang and I began running away.

I never looked back. My feet ached before I stopped for a break. I ran so far that I had no idea where I was. Luckily for me there was a payphone nearby. I called the only person I knew would come save me. Rob.