Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

06 | keep your composure, jung

|| CHAPTER SIX ;; JUNG JAE-IN
- keep your composure, jung

There's a smirk on Jae-In's lips the moment he walks into his office, and he momentarily forgets the fact the shirt he's wearing has a huge stain on it and is quite tight around his neck, to the point he has to unbutton the top few.

It's completely immature to walk in like that, but Jae-In's so dazed by the fact he saw Nolan Kim again that it's all that occupies his mind until he realizes where he is.

His father is the first to give him a look, the man's eyebrows scrunching together as Jae-In brushes past him. Suho's eyes trail Jae-In, discreetly judging him as his teeth grit in some sort of grimace as Jae-In retrieves the blazer hanging on his chair.

"What?" Jae-In queries, sliding his arms into the sleeves and buttoning his blazer, hiding the stain.

Senior Jung looks away, clearing his throat as he whispers something to April — probably asking her to get the six assistants despite Jae-In's rather unamusing display of incompetence.

"Did you get attacked by a coffee machine?" Suho's the first to speak, his voice laced with irritation when Jae-In takes his place beside him.

"I ran into Nolan again," he tells him coolly, ignoring the way Suho rolls his eyes in disapproval. "Hey, we just ran into each other. Jeez, don't worry, we didn't do anything." The younger boy nudges the older boy's shoulder teasingly.

"Nowadays I'm struggling to wonder if you're lying or not." Suho sighs, the tips of his fingers pressing at the space between his furrowed eyebrows. Jae-In snorts, shaking his head a little at Min Suho's ridiculousness.

When the two hear April knock on the door, Jae-In instantly adjusts his posture, attempting to make himself look presentable as he buttons up Nolan's shirt again. He ruffles his hair despite the disgusted look Suho gives him and calls out to April that they're ready.

Please don't embarrass yourself. He taps his foot impatiently on the ground, focusing his attention solely on the door and not on the addictive gaze of Nolan Kim.

Jae-In's not that surprised when he sees that it's Santi holding open the door, Jae-In's lips twitching as he urges himself not to smile at the boy's stoic facial expression. As the six assistants stroll in, Jae-In finds their wide eyes and gasps of amazement when they enter his grand office humorous. It's the exact same reaction he had when he first stepped inside Jung Tech. It's amazing how advanced in technology they are and how the architects incorporated it into the design.

He can feel Suho stiffen in his stance when Park Levin walks in, the boy's eyes beaming with fascination behind his thick black glasses. Jae-In lightly nudges Suho, the corner of his lip hinting at a grin, but it immediately falls when Nolan Kim enters the room last.

In his shirt, Jae-In can't help but lick at his lips, his gaze absorbing the way his clothes hang off Nolan's lanky frame effortlessly and the way his hair is swept across his forehead oh-so-naturally. He's fond of the way the sleeves are too long, but Nolan knows how to pull it off and look amazing in it. Just the sight of Nolan Kim has Jae-In hitting the edge of his self-restraint, but knowing the consequences, Jae-In remains still.

Keep your composure, Jung. Jae-In tongues the wall of his cheek nervously as he folds his arms behind his back.

Nolan Kim's attention is all over Jae-In's amazing office, but when his golden irises settle on Jae-In, the younger doesn't miss the way Nolan's fair cheeks glow a shade of light pink. He doesn't know what possesses him to wink at the boy, but he instantly regrets it when the woman beside Nolan believes that the wink is for her.