What Your First Fight Is About *

Blake

"Bye love" I say, kissing Blake out the door as he leaves for a busy day in and out of meetings with the boys. I make a promise to meet with the boys and their girlfriends at Lunch and he leaves.

I turn around to an expectedly messy apartment. Blake had just been in and out retrieving forgotten things; his wallet, keys and earplugs. So I'd just experienced my normal daily routine with Blake.

I sit on the sofa before I clean up and grab your laptop to read some work email. I work from home- as a successful published author and journalist.

I'm so lost in emails, an hour passes and i haven't cleaned up. But my inbox is still half full of fan mail.

"Eff it" I get up and sort all the things out, folding blankets, sorting out other things. Once again, an hour passes, Blake is such a slob i lose yourself in cleaning after him.

Until i get a call from my editor.

"Hey Judy. How are you?"

"Hey y/n" she replies "Have you checked your emails? I needed some important documents about an hour ago and you haven't replied. I know you saw it because you replied to a group email. Could you please go and do that before i get in trouble?" She puts the phone down without another word and i am confused. I only saw fanmail earlier.

I look back to my computer and sure enough, just a minute after I left the computer, Judy's email had arrived.

Great. Cleaning up made me miss this

I quickly send the documents and an apology. A reply from Judy comes through.

"Should have had this an hour ago. These slip ups are piling up y/n"

Great. I could just lose my editor.

By the time all this has happened it's time to meet Blake for lunch. But the apartment is a mess and I can't even be asked to see his face at this point. My career is on the edge just because he's a slob.

So I decide against going and work and clean around the house until 6 when he comes home. I don't look at my phone - I know he will have called.

"Hey Babe. Why didn't you come for lunch? I was waiting for it baby" he says as he walks in.

I ignore him.

"Y/n? Hello"

"Hi" I mumble and continue my emails and editing the thing Judy had sent back earlier.

"Ok. Whats up? What did I do?"

"Nothing." I say and shot him a fake smile.

He comes and sits next to me in the sofa.

"Seriously, what's up?"

I ignore him.

"Y/N!" He says slightly louder, pronouncing the syllables of my name clearly.

Aaaaand I lose it.

"You wanna know what you did?" I get up and face him.

"Yes that's-"

"I could lose my editor because of you" I interrupt him "Once you left this morning, I cleaned out my emails; mostly, but we I went to clean up YOUR mess a really important email came through, I didn't tell you this because you were busy, but this is the SECOND time has happened and other times I've missed deadlines because of tour or something you've made me do. This is a two sided relationship Blake and I'm not getting my side. And I can't just drop everything I'm doing and join you for lunch. I currently am more than your girlfriend. I feel like a bloody housewife and we moved in together on the promise we'd help each other out with everything. That isn't happening."