First Day

Steve had just arrived at school, he was a little early, but that was nothing new. He enjoyed getting there early. He went inside the building to put all of his things in his locker before his friends arrived. It wasn't long before his friends started to show up. First Natasha, then Sam came not far behind.

"Hey Steve." Sam smiled.

"Morning Sam." Steve replied, pulling his friend into a one armed hug.

Steve walked through the hall with his friends so they could stop by there lockers. At some point he had stopped paying attention to where he was going. Then he crashed right into another boy.

"Oh my gosh!" Steve panicked, "I am so sorry" he extended his hand to the boy he had ran into.

The boy looked up at Steve, giving him a somewhat annoyed look. He paid no mind to Steve's hand and stood up on his own. He didn't even bother to brush the dirt from the floor off of his outfit before he shoved his way past Steve.

Steve recognised him, he recognised his eyes, "Bucky?" He muttered to himself.

"Earth to Steve. Hello, anyone home?" Nat waved her hand in Steve's face.

"Sorry." Steve smiled back when she grabbed his attention.

Sam looked towards the boy Steve had run into, "Do you know that guy, or something"

"I don't know for sure, but I think that's Bucky." Steve replied.

"You mean your old best friend? That Bucky?" Sam questioned Steve, who still looked stunned.

"Yeah, but I'm not sure." Steve answered.

"You guys talking about James?" Natasha asked them, receiving confused looks, "He just moved here from California. He was in the exchange program a few years back. I met him back when I still lived in Russia." She explained.

"And this is James Barnes, right?" Steve asked to clarify.

"Yeah." Natasha nodded, "He was really quiet. Not in a rude way like he was just now."

James walked towards the office, the principal was waiting for him with another student. He wasn't really interested in this whole student tour thing, but he wasn't really interested in being at school at all.

"Hello, you must be James." The principal held out his hand to James, who shook it rather annoyed. "I'm Mr. Fury, the principal. This here is Thor, he will be giving you your tour and going through the hand book with you."

"Hello James." Thor said, a big smile spreading across their face.

"Hey." James replied.

Thor showed James around the school being sure to show him each of his classes specifically. James had stopped listening a long time ago. After an eternity they reached the end of the tour, which was Thor showing him where his locker was.

"Well, as soon as you're ready we can head to class." Thor said as James slammed his locker shut.

James rolled his eyes, "I don't need you to wait for me. You showed me the school I can get there myself."

"I just assumed since we had the same first hour we could go together." Thor replied, keeping his smile, genuine and kind.

"Fine." James muttered.

The two walked to their first hour. It was halfway over at that point, neither of them minded. Winter had no intention of paying attention anyways. He started to compile a dance in his head through the class. James honestly loved dance, but he quit a year and half after moving to California. The next class was no different, except this time he wasn't spaced off, he paid no attention to the teacher, and texted Brock.