Strawberry Milkshake

Steve locked lips with Bucky over the table. He pulled back and looked at Bucky. Bucky's face was a deeper pink than before, a soft awkward smile crept on to his face.

"You kissed me, why did you-" Bucky began.

"I like you too Buck." Steve told him.

"I didn't realize you liked girls and boys." Bucky replied.

"I didn't even realize until recently." Steve admitted.

"So you're bi, or are you something else, I don't want to assume any-" Bucky began.

Steve laughed a bit, "Yeah, I'm bi, at least as far as I know I only like boys and girls."

"We should probably eat now." Bucky spoke up after a moment of awkward silence.

"Yeah. So what are you doing over break?" Steve asked to keep the conversation going.

"I don't know, I think my grandparents are coming but that's about it." Bucky answered and returned the question, "What about you?"

"Not a clue, it will probably just be me and mom again." Steve shrugged.

"I'm sure my dad would let you guys celebrate with us. I mean if you and Sarah want." Bucky suggested.

"That'd be really nice Buck." Steve smiled. Bucky bit his lip and then smiled back, "You have a really nice smile."

"So do you." Bucky replied awkwardly.

The two continued talking and finished their food. In the end it took nearly an hour.

"You bought dinner, let me buy dessert." Bucky told Steve before they left.

"Thanks Bucky." Steve smiled.

"Get whatever you'd like." Bucky added as they approached the counter.

"Alright then. I'll have a medium chocolate shake." Steve told Cassie.

"And a small strawberry." Bucky added to the order while pulling out his wallet.

"Still strawberry huh?" Steve smiled, knowing it was his favorite as a kid.

"It's fucking delicious and you know it." Bucky rolled his eyes at Steve and handed the money to Cassie. "I see you finally stopped with cotton candy ice cream."

"I ate so much of that when I was younger it makes me sick now." Steve replied grabbing his shake when Cassie set it on the counter.

Bucky held the door for Steve and the two walked out. They decided to hang out a bit long and continued to walk down the street, not really going into any of the shops just looking around.

"How's dance going?" Steve started up a new conversation.

"Good, I'm working on my solos for competition." Bucky answered.

"What are you going to do for competition?"

"Contemporary, jazz, tap, and ballet, I'm just not doing pointe, since very few boys do pointe seriously." Bucky explained.

"You should show me them sometime." Steve suggested, shooting Bucky a smile.

"I will then." Bucky smiled back. It was nice that Steve was interested in his dance, none of Bucky's past date mates had ever really tried to show interest in the things Bucky did.

"So Buck, I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me, like on an actual date, tomorrow night?" Steve asked awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

Bucky blushed a bit and smiled up at Steve, "Yeah, that... that would be really nice."

"I can pick you up at six." Steve added.