Chapter 8

Sasuke: 

He watched as Sakura followed the maid up the stairs to her room, she turned to say goodnight and held his gaze for a few seconds, and turned away, 

he wouldn't admit it to her but he was beyond impressed, she had saved Naruto's right hand man and Temari's lover, Shikamaru one of Sasukes most trusted members, he was grateful for her help, despite her circumstances she still chose to help him, she was a doctor, a person who saved lives, she shouldn't be apart of this lifestyle, Sasuke thought, her father was right to shelter her from this, he sighed. 

Naruto came up behind him, "Sasuke, we need to ask Temari who attacked them and then when Shikamaru wakes up we will have to find out what he remembers, I get the feeling it was those Akatsuki bastards, I swear to God I will kill them" Naruto growled 

nodding Sasuke followed Naruto into the hospital room where Temari sat by the bed where Shikamaru lay unconscious, her hand on his, she looked exhausted Sasuke thought, but he knew even if he told her to rest she wouldn't leave Shikamaru's side, so he and Naruto sat, 

"Temari we need to ask you about what happened" 

she nodded and faced them still holding the mans hand, 

"Can you please tell us exactly what happened? Now that he is going to be okay you can be more calm with your explanation" Naruto said to her 

"We were meant to meet up on a d-date" Temari said blushing, it was unusual for her to be so flustered but Sasuke ignored that and listened as she continued, "He told me to meet him at this restaurant at 7:30, so I arrive and Shikamaru texts me saying he is nearly there, maybe 5 minutes away, so I find us a table and sit down to wait for him, after 10 minutes I figured he was just being his usual lazy self and simply exaggerated his 'almost there', but after 20 minutes things were starting to get suspicious, he couldn't have stood me up right? He literally just texted me saying he was nearly there, so I decided to go outside and see if he went to the wrong restaurant, because knowing him he would, but he was nowhere around, I decided to call him, but it went straight to answerphone, that's when I saw his car, I went up to it and it was empty but it still had his phone, wallet and keys, this was extremely suspicious, so I grabbed his belongings and locked his car, the last thing he needed was all his stuff stolen, and I grabbed my gun from my purse and walked around further to see if I could find him, when I heard gunshots I almost immediately knew he would be there, running towards the sound I saw him fall, and the two attackers run away, I am almost sure I saw the Akatsuki gang signs there... But I was so busy worrying about Shikamaru I ignored them, then I carried/dragged Shikamaru back to his car, he kept muttering about the Hyuuga princess and Haruno heir no longer missing, and the Akatsuki had found them, I drove back as fast as I could, and here we are" 

'Haruno heir? No longer missing?' this wasn't good, Sasuke knew that meant the Akatsuki knew she existed, if Sakuras attack from earlier this evening hadn't been confirmation enough, he knew it now. Sasuke didn't know why he cared so much about what happened to the pink haired lady, he decided it was because she had saved his life, and he simply was returning the favour, nothing more nothing less. And now Naruto was indebted to her also, she saved his right hand man, she really was making good connections as a mafia boss, even without knowing it. 

Sasuke ran his hand through his hair, thinking, he saw Naruto looking deep in thought too, it was interesting to see his usually chirpy, easy going friend look so serious, but in saying that this situation called for him to be serious and authoritative, 

"Thank you Temari, when Shikamaru wakes up we will talk to him too, make sure you remember to rest and take care of yourself too" Sasuke said to the woman, and then turned to the door and made his way back to his office, 

Once he sat down Naruto sat across from him "What do you think he meant by Haruno heir?" 

"While the Akatsuki know about Sakura now, and she saved my life and the life of your comrade so we both owe it to her to provide protection" Sasuke added quickly,

Naruto raised his eye brow at him "You seem to care a large amount about what happens to this woman" 

"shut up dobe I will shoot you" 

"Easy teme, don't want a certain pink haired doctor hearing you say that, you'll just add to her workload" 

Sasuke rolled his eyes as Naruto got serious again,

"What do you think he meant with the Hyuuga Princess? No one has heard or seen anything from the Hyuuga clan, what could the Akatsuki be planning? Do you think your uncle has anything to do with this?" 

Sasuke scowled at the mention of his uncle, Madara had always despised Sasuke, Sasuke was almost certain he was responsible for the deaths of his parents, and had heavy influence over the Akatsuki, he was responsible for the deaths of his family, Sasuke would kill the bastard at any given moment with no regrets, he thought darkly, 

"Madara likely has something to do with this, and that bastard will never get his hands on this clan, your clan or Sakura. He, along with the rest of the Akatsuki will be taken down by my hands, as for the Hyuuga, I am not sure, we will have to wait for Shikamaru, he will be able to tell us what he heard" Sasuke responded 

Naruto nodded, "I am going to take one of your guest rooms and crash here for the rest of the night, no point driving home at 3:30 in the morning" 

"Fine by me, see you in the morning" he said, as Naruto left closing the door behind him, 

Sasuke was now alone, and his mind wandered back to the pink haired woman, he was intrigued by her, he knew that wouldn't be good for him and yet everytime he saw her he couldn't help but want her all for himself, it was selfish of him he thought to himself, he was a killer, a man whose name struck fear into the hearts of thousands, a name that almost seemed like a curse mark on his skin (Hi this is the author and yes that was a Naruto reference I couldn't help myself ANYWAYYY)  Sasuke knew she was the opposite, she healed people, she encouraged them, she was a light and he was darkness, a chaotic disarray waiting to happen, he had to stop himself from getting close to her, but that was hard to do when all he wanted to do was kiss her, not like with the other women he had slept with, no this was different, and the difference scared him. 

Deciding it was time for him to retire to bed also he left his office and went to his large master bedroom, in the west wing, walking passed where Sakuras room would be he was tempted to go inside, stopping himself he continued onward to his room, undressed down to his boxers and lay in bed letting sleep take over, 

that night he dreamed of cherry blossom hair and soft green eyes. 

"Sakura..."