Chapter 1

It was the Queen's birthday and everyone was excited to celebrate the grand royal party

It was the Queen's birthday and everyone was excited to celebrate the grand royal party. The kingdom was busier than usual. Everyone was trying to pick outfits to wear and purchase or make presents for the lovely Kim SooA.

The royal lady sat in her room, feeling rather indifferent, as she combed her hair. All the people in the kingdom seemed to be excited to celebrate but to her, it was just another ordinary day.

She didn't know why the King had to make it such a huge event every year.

Her door was knocked and she turned to the person who had entered the room. The pale man with small body frame gave a huge smile.

"Good morning, SooA. Happy birthday," he grinned as he gave the Queen a small box which turned out to be a crystal pendant.

"It's beautiful. Thank you, Yoongi."

Yoongi smiled and was definitely pleased to know that the queen liked his present.

"Let's go down. The King is waiting to have breakfast with you. After that, you will need to-"

"Take the medicine and once again after lunch and finally before going to bed. I know, Physician Min," she took over with a roll of her eyes which caused Yoongi to chuckle.

Min Yoongi was the Queen's physician and also her friend. He used to take care of his majesty but was then assigned to SooA as the king was always busy with the kingdom's matters. Yoongi was to accompany SooA whenever the King was away and the two were exceptionally close that even the King was slightly jealous.

The two then headed to the dining room and Yoongi left after escorting her.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

"Good morning, my precious," the man seated inside greeted her.

"Good morning, Seokjin."

Seokjin continued to smile even though he was slightly disappointed. Despite being married for a few years, the royal couple was still awkward with each other. The two slept in separate rooms and spent barely any time together.

Seokjin loved SooA with all his heart but he never received the same. And yet, he was willing to wait for her to love him back since just keeping her next to him meant everything to him.

"How are you feeling?" Seokjin asked.

"I'm fine."

Her reply was short and nonchalant. Seokjin had gotten used to it but he hoped that she would open up to him one day.

"It's your birthday today so I was thinking of heading to the market with you and maybe we can purchase something that you like."

SooA hummed as she chewed her food. She placed her utensils down and glanced at the king who was still staring at her.