Chapter 16

The night had fallen and the entertainers were travelling across the forest

The night had fallen and the entertainers were travelling across the forest. The smell of leaves and river filled the air. The sound of crunched leaves after every step and the breath that escaped were the only things that could be heard.

However, it was not only them in the path that they were walking through.

SooA stopped in her tracks and she knew what was about to happen. They were surrounded by the hunters with ugly desires in their eyes.

She scoffed and folded her arms.

"A mere hunter like you thinks you can get me?"

Chanhyuk chuckled as he stepped out into the moonlight which was the only visible source at the moment.

"Your majesty, you think very lowly of me."

He tried to get closer but Jungkook and Hoseok stood in front of the female dancer to protect her.

"How could you leave the palace which was the safest place, dancer of life? Is it that you do not wish to cause trouble for the king?"

"This is a decision which I made for myself."

"Suit yourself."

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

Hoseok gritted his teeth as he pulled SooA with him while the Phoenix took care of those left behind. SooA glared at those running after them. She quickly took out daggers and threw those at them which helped to slow them them.

Chanhyuk appeared before Hoseok all of a sudden and kicked him in the stomach where the wound was.

"Hoseok!" SooA shouted in horror when she saw him clutching his stomach. Hoseok pushed SooA away when he noticed a dagger heading her way. He pulled his sword out and reflected any attacks coming towards them.

The wound was not helping him in any way. His body was feeling heavier. This gave the hunters an advantage. They aimed at his weak spots and SooA cursed under her breath.

SooA gasped when she suddenly felt a grip on her arm. She tried to escape but Chanhyuk was way stronger than her when it came to strengths.

"My love!"

Hoseok came running after quickly finishing off the ones surrounding him.

Chanhyuk managed to slash the side of Hoseok's arm and he fell back. Luckily, SooA managed to escape from the grip and catch Hoseok.

"I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry for being useless, my love."

SooA gulped down and held his hand tightly. She closed her eyes when the sword was aimed at her. However, there wasn't any and all she heard was Yoongi shouting, 'Your majesty'.