Chapter 3

The palace remained silent as the people waited for the King to make up his mind

The palace remained silent as the people waited for the King to make up his mind. SooA looked at Seokjin who was baffled by the situation.

He glanced at the Dancer who smirked at him. The corner of his lips twitched and his eyes sparked with anger. However, it soon turned to mischief when he thought of something.

"Let the man dance for us. That's what his existence is for to begin with. A mere entertainer who performs to entertain us humans."

The people agreed with him while SooA remained unconcerned. The Dancer glared at the King who looked down at him.

"If you dare to curse us upon your dance, your death will be immediate, is that alright, my precious?"

SooA nodded her head. She wouldn't want that to happen as well.

Despite being offended, the Dancer bowed and the music began upon his command. He hopped twice at his place and twirled around the venue. Petals flew down, dancing along with him. Yellow lights swirled around him, making his dance a thousand times more magical. His movements were elegant and on beat.

Slowly, the audience started smiling as the Dancer of Happiness performed marvellously. He was living up to his title and not letting the queen down.

The Queen's eyes sparkled as she enjoyed the wonderful performance that the Dancer was gifting her. She moved her head according to the music and her fingers tapped to the rhythm.

The only person who couldn't enjoy the performance properly was the King. His eyes only remained on his Queen. His heart ached as SooA was looking at another man. He had never seen such a warm and beautiful smile on her face before. His heart felt like it was pierced by millions of spears as SooA managed to put on such an expression because of someone else and not him.

The performance ended on a perfect note with a bow by the Dancer. The place exploded with thundering applauses and SooA couldn't help but stand up with a huge smile to clap for her Dancer.

Seokjin looked away, not wanting to see the interaction between the two. He didn't wish to deal with the fact that his queen loved the performance the Dancer presented more than his gifts that he had always showered her with.

The Dancer then looked up and met eyes with SooA.

It was impossible for a human to hear the voice of an entertainer from the Circus but SooA did and her heart skipped a beat upon hearing such a dulcet voice.

"It's been such a long time, my love."

The applaud had died but SooA remained frozen at her spot. She didn't know how to react to the voice of the Dancer. The Dancer just merely smiled at her. Although he seemed hurt by her lack of response, he didn't take any actions as he expected it from the start.

"SooA," the king called and she snapped out. She turned to look at Seokjin, who was concerned. "Are you alright?"

"Oh... I was just lost by his performance," she lied and sat down.