04 || Superhero Act

Right after the Tartaruga pursuit, the Brothers and Y/n came back home to the lair to review what had just happened outside. They were amazed at what they got to see. After seeing Shredder get sucked into an unknown place made the Brothers and Y/n wonder what really exists out there.

As soon as April heard the news, she wasted no time in getting to the lair to get in on the drama. 

Y/n sat next to Mikey at Donnie's computer, trying to figure out some kind of answer about Shredder's disappearance. "He just vanished. How is that? I've never seen anything like that."

"Wait, wait, wait," Donnie says, pulling the footage up on his monitors. "If I run the video from my shoulder camera through an electrostatic filter, we might be able to see what happened to Shredder." He says, typing on his computer to pull up the slowed-down recording.

Y/n stared at the screen until anything out of the ordinary popped up, and she did get an extraordinary view on Don's computers. He paused it and pointed directly at it. "What the heck is that?" She blurted among everyone.

"It appears to be some kind of residue from a teleportation event," Donnie replied, still staring at the screen.

"Yeah," Mikey smiled. "A teleportation event residue, man. It's the worst."

Y/n tried to think for a moment and what kind of technology she's seen. From what she read in Baxter's emails, she felt like Baxter was behind a lot of tech. She licked her chapped lips, thinking deeply about that man's work.

"Can this kind of technology even exist?" Raphael asked Donatello.

Donnie answers, tilting his head at the screen in great curiosity. "Baxter Stockman has been working with this kind of tech for years."

Y/n remembers what she needed. She came away from the computer wall and looks up at Donnie. "All of that stuff I pulled off Baxter's iPad was full of information about Shredder and the Foot Clan. It was like a virtual playbook. Baxter has to have a backup and I bet it is on the mainframe at TCRI." She said. "Donnie, I need something. What do you got?"

He held up a finger, licking his lips, and began digging through a box of knick-knacks he had on his desk. "Hold on, I know exactly what you need." Then he found it. A USB flash drive he held up in front of Y/n's face.

She took it with a grin. "Perfect." Y/n turned away from him and his brothers, heading for the exit. She patted April's shoulder, signaling her to come and tag along with her. "April and I will go check it out."

"We'll come with you. Operate and support." Leonardo says with his three other brothers following behind him.

"Wait..." Y/n said, turning to the mutant turtles. "The sun is coming up. You can't go outside or you'll be seen..."

The Brothers' energy level went down and their smiles disappeared when Y/n said it wasn't safe for them. They just want to fit in and be accepted, but that may not happen for many, many years. Maybe not ever.

****

While the Brothers stayed home at the lair, Y/n took the time to investigate TCRI just a few blocks away from the Turtle home. She enters through the glass doors and gets an earful of silence. She knows a place like this should be secured and watched carefully.

Her worries went up when she found no one was behind the counter at a computer. There's nothing but radio static and voices searching for the missing worker that belonged to the desk. Something is going on...

"Weird..." Y/n whispers softly. She walks around until she chose to take the stairs all the way to the top. The young girl thought it would be a good choice if she took the stairs and not the elevator. It's just in case she disturbed something and blew her cover.