07 || Roll With It

As soon as Y/n called out for the Brothers, they were by her side in less than ten seconds. Each one had great concern for their friend and they wanted to know what the hub-bub was about. "What's going on, Y/n?" Leo asked. "Everything okay?"

"I--I don't know." She whispered, holding her hands under her armpits to keep them from making any more surprises. "Something isn't right."

"Elaborate." Donnie says.

How could she elaborate? The only way she can 'elaborate' was to show them. Y/n gulps, taking her hands out from her armpits and facing her palms to the ceiling. She takes a deep breath, she channel's her energy and focused on her hands. Only her hands. Its like Y/n flipped a switch on inside her head, sending a signal to her hands so she can produce fire. Real fire.

The flames filled her hands, not burning them at all. She can feel the heat radiating off of her skin, and her eyes widen in shock.

The Brothers were starstruck. "What the heck?" Raph slowly says. "Y/n, you're... your hands are on fire."

"I know..." She shuddered, closing her palms. "That's not all, though." This time, she had confidence in this new 'power' she had. Y/n flashed her right hand at the waterslide from where she stood, making the water splash and rush, bursting a wonderful mist.

"Y/n," Mikey says, nervous about his friend changing dramatically. "How are you... how did this happen?"

"I literally don't know." She is still panicking. "It started after I left TCRI-- I'm kinda freaking out!!"

"We can figure this out." Donnie says, sounding so confident.

Y/n is already stressed about Shredder, Baxter, the Foot, and Bebop and Rocksteady. To add to all of the stress, she is controlling the elements! "How will we figure this out? This all just popped out of the blue." She crossed her arms. "Whatever is happening to me, I have to keep it on a downlow."

"Yeah, you're gonna have to." Leo agreed. "To be honest, Y/n... I'm not sure if it's safe for you to go up top."

Donnie nodded. "The possibilities of your--your powers getting out of hand are high. From what I see, they're maturing. It's best you stay down here for a bit, Y/n."

Y/n lowered her head, tears forming in her eyes. She bit down on her bottom lip, trying to prevent herself from breaking down in front of all four Brothers. Before she could shed a tear, Raphael came next to his friend, setting a hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry, Y/n. Things should get better from here."

"Thanks, Raph." She says, smirking at him. "But I am my own person. I would still like to help you guys with Shredder and the rest of those weirdos."

"Hey," Leo said, placing his hand on her shoulder. "You're right--you are your own person and you make your own choices. But if you do choose to go up top with your new abilities, I suggest you wear some kind of guard or glove."

Y/n understood. "Thank you." She started to walk to the exit of the lair. "I'll catch up with you guys in a while, I need to go find April."

"Okay," Leo said. "You know where to find us."

****

Y/n walked back up to the surface of the city, feeling afraid of herself for the very first time. She kept her hands in her pocket and she would only bring them out if she needed to use her phone or itch her face.

She texted April, sending her a message that she was in the mood to catch up with the reporter... and to spill the most recent tea. 

After contacting her, Y/n would have given her a high or a handshake, but that was a risk she wasn't willing to take. She sat down at one of those public tables in Times Square, holding a cup of her favorite drink from a nearby Starbucks. April sat across from her, asking Y/n a quick question. "So, how are the guys?" O'Neil asked.