Chapter 4

You scrolled through your phone, looking for a job. "Wo' yew up 'oo?" 2D asked, humming a tune. "Looking for a job," You replied, sighing. You clicked on one that appealed to you and read through it and was just about to call the number listed when 2D interrupted you. "Actually, can ey talk to yew?" You heard him ask and you turned your phone off and faced him.

"Well, me an' the rest of da guyz are in a band, an' when Mur'oc 'eard yew singin' at the bar, 'e wond'red whether yew woul' like ta join," 2D said quickly, twiddling his thumbs nervously, "N-no' like yew 'ave to or anyfink! I' woul' jus' be nice ta 'ave another singer.."

You thought about it, then it all clicked. Now you knew where Murdoc was from! He was in Gorillaz, you remembered going to a concert with a friend and meeting them backstage. "You want...me to be part of.. Gorillaz?" You whispered slowly, making sure you heard right. You saw 2D nod and held back a laugh. "Haha, seriously? I don't sound good at singing-"

"Are yew kiddin' meh? Yew were amazin'!" 2D exclaimed, his accent coming out strongly. You giggled, embarrassed, and hid your face. You felt a pair of hands grip your wrists loosely and you looked up to find 2D infront of you. "Trust me luv, yew 'ave no'fink 'o worry abou'," you heard him say and you blushed, looking down. His hand slipped from your wrist and under your chin, where he lifted your head up.

You saw his face heat up when your eyes met, you felt a deep chill run down your spine. Wait, is he leaning in? Is he gonna kiss me? You thought frantically and you moved your head so he kissed your cheek instead. You were a blushing and hot mess. "U-um, I-I-I think y-y-you should g-go," You stuttered, tearing away from him. You just saw him nod and leave, closing the door behind him.

You heard a loud crack of thunder and immediately, you opened the door after him. You saw him walking down the street. "2D!" you shouted, and cursed as he just carried on walking. You shut the door and ran after him, not caring that you were getting soaked. You called his name again and sighed in relief as he turned around, when you caught up to him. "2D, thank god, you can stay with m-"

"No, i's fine. Ey'll walk 'ome luv," 2D cut you off, a frown on his face. "No, I'm not having you walk home, on your own, in the rain, in the middle of a storm. You're staying the night." You said, grabbing his wrist and tugging him back to your house. "Sit down, I'll get you a towel, a change of clothes and a blanket, alright?" You said and 2D just nodded.

You rushed away and gave him your only blanket and a towel. You got some spare clothes from a small drawer in the lounge, your brother left them behind and gave them to him. "Bathroom is the room at the end of the hall," You explained and he nodded wordlessly. You frowned as he left and you went back on your phone while waiting for 2D. You felt bad about earlier. You didn't know what you felt about the man. You did like him, but not quite sure whether you like him as a lover or a friend.

He came back in and you sighed quietly. "I'm sorry," You whispered. You heard him move next to you and you looked up to find him in your face again. "Can we watch a movie again?" 2D said, a small smile pulling on his lips. You grinned, "Sure, put whatever on," you replied and let out a loud laugh as he dived for the Dawn of the Dead CD.

"Again?" You asked, pretending to be annoyed and pouting. He laughed, nodding. "Yeah," he said, sliding it in and launching himself back on the sofa. "I'll get drinks and stuff," You said and went into the kitchen. You got the stuff out and groaned quietly, rubbing your face. You tried to turn the heating on and frowned as it wouldn't switch on. "Uh... 2D? Can you come in here?" You called.

You heard a muffled reply and the sound of footsteps. "Wha's up?" The singer asked, humming. "The heating won't come on, it was working the other day.., can you check it out?" You asked. He just nodded and had a look. You frowned as he struggled to and then he slid down and clapped. "Alrigh', done!" He announced, clapping. You went over to the radiator and felt it. It was warming up but very slowly. "Thank youuu!" You laughed, pulling him into a hug. You grinned as you broke the hug and pulled out 2 beers out of the fridge. "Want one?"

"Ooh, yeah please," 2D replied, grinning. He took it off you and you grabbed a big bag of popcorn and you followed him and sat on the sofa. You cracked open the can of beer. He sat himself next to you and opened the bag and pressed play. "You know I'm scared!" You exclaimed and you just got a laugh in response.

You fell asleep half-way through the movie and you awoke with your head pressed against 2D's chest. His heartbeat was steady and relaxing. A small snore escaped him and you giggled. Then you looked down and your heart dropped. He was hard?? You went a deep red, flustered. Okay, so he was a man, who morning wood was probably common for him. Why were you so embarrassed?

"2D!" You stammered, shoving him to wake him up. He awoke with a start. "Wha'?" He muttered, half-asleep. "2D!! You have a problem!" You whisper-shouted, pointing to his crotch. He looked down and went bright red. "Shit, can ey 'ave a sh-"

"Yes yes, go!" You stammered, pushing him out of the way playfully. He was bright red and stumbled out of the room. You heard the shower go and you buried your face in your hands and turned on the tv, sliding in another disk.