Chapter 6

After getting lunch, you were sat lounging on the sofa with the band, giggling as 2D rubbed his stomach, pretending to be full. You watched as he took another few fries out and practically swallowed them down. You and 2D didn't go anywhere fancy, you had both agreed McDonalds was the best idea. You had bought a meal for the rest of the band members and 2 massive share boxes of chicken nuggets. Russel and Noodle shared one and you and 2D shared one. Murdoc stole some from your box, but you didn't mind.

It was quite early in the afternoon, so you had a lot of time to kill. "Wha' did yew say abou' joinin' Gorillaz, (y/n)? You heard 2D ask and felt 4 gazes upon you. "Um, I think I said yeah?" You said nervously. "Brilliant! We'll get yeh into the recording studio!" You heard Murdoc say excitedly and jump up out of his seat. "Finish our food first!" You heard Noodle mumble, her mouth full.

This earned a few chuckles and you sat up straighter. Once Noodle had finished, you followed Murdoc to the studio, yet hung at the back with 2D. "Are yew excited?" He whispered to you. You shrugged, though you could feel twinges of excitement in your stomach. "I guess, I'm just nervous though," You whispered back, fiddling with your hands. You felt another pair of hands on yours to calm them. "There's nofink to worry abou'," 2D smiled at you, patted them and flinched when Murdoc yelled at you two to hurry up. You both giggled as you ran over.

On the tour, you didn't get a glance of what was inside. When you entered, your heart dropped. It was quite big. There was a glass room with a microphone in it, and another room with controls and a screen. The singing room was covered with weird, soundproof pads on the wall. You saw the rest of the guys file into the control-room and you stayed in the singing room.

You heard Murdoc's voice through a speaker "Okay, (y/n). I want you to sing whatever you want. If it's good, you're in. Deal?" You nodded, "Good. I'll hold my thumb up and thats when you sing." You nodded again and you heard a squeak from 2D before the speaker cut off. You slid the headphones on. After seeing a flash of Murdoc's thumb, you opened your mouth and sang whatever first came into your head.

"Everybody's here with me 
We got no camera to see 
Don't think I'm all in this world 
The camera won't let me roll
And the verdict doesn't love our soul 
The digital won't let me go

Yeah yeah yeah 
I'll pay
When tomorrow 
Tomorrow comes today

Stereo I want it on 
It's taken me far too long 
Don't think I'm all in this world 
I don't think I'll be here too long 

Yeah yeah yeah 
I'll pay 
When tomorrow 
Tomorrow comes today."

You finished singing and opened your eyes. You could hear claps and the door opened. "Marvellous!" Murdoc grinned widely, "Maybe even better than faceache! You're in!" He smirked. You saw 2D's face harden slightly but it was relieved once you smiled at him. A force pulled you to someone small and you felt Noodle pulling you into a hug.

"Well done baby girl," Russel grinned at you and pulled you into a bear hug. You laughed and followed them out of the room. You looked back to find 2D stood in the room, quietly whispering to himself. "You alright?" You asked him, resting against the wall, watching him. "Yeah," 2D replied, turning round and smiling at you, uncertaintly. "Can I hear you sing again?" You asked quietly. He nodded and went a bit pink. 2D moved to the mic and you went in the room. You slid on the headphones and awkwardly gave him a thumbs up.

2D's angelic voice ran through the headphones and you shivered. He was singing a rough draft of what he showed you in his room earlier on in the day that Noodle wrote. A large smile grew on your face as his voice was just isolated, unlike it was in his room.

He finished and you rushed out. "That was amazing!!" You giggled and 2D blushed. "Fank yew luv," he smiled his adorable gap-toothed grin. The door opened and you both jumped. "(y/n), we need to talk. Go away faceache," Murdoc said, shoving 2D out the room. He shut the door. "Right, you move in with us. That room you woke up in is being used to keep old crap in, so you'll have to bunk with Noodle."

"What about my house? Why can't I stay there?" You asked, glaring at Murdoc. "Ah, well. We need to know you're safe and it would be easier since you live kinda far away. Go and pack what you need the most then you can sell your house and move in here! I call it: 'Y/N's Epic Plan To Move To Kong After She Joins Gorillaz' Sounds good, right?" Murdoc said, smirking.

"Uh, yeah. A bit long though."

"Yeah, well. I'm working on it. So, sell it and move in with Noodle," Murdoc said and left the room, leaving you on your own.

You loved your house. Was joining Gorillaz the right idea?