Chapter 8

As I opened my eyes, then closed them immediately again, as it was so bright.

I rolled over and groaned, my head hurt and although I was lying down I was extremely dizzy.

I slowly stood up wondering where I was. Then I remembered, Loki, the tesseract, his plans, it all made sense now what and why he was doing it, I had to stop him, even if I had to do it alone.

I tried to push myself up into the sky, but I couldn't, what had happened to my powers?

I remembered something frigga had told be a long time ago, 'if your flight fails, look to the skys and join the flock.' I knew what she was talking about, turn into a bird but I couldn't do full body changes yet so what else could I do instead.

Wings, wings where the key to flight for birds, so would wings work for me? I hope so.

I closed by eyes and my back tingled. As I opened my eyes and looked behind me I saw the most beautiful pair of pink and blue feathered wings.

I laughed and jumped, my beautiful wings pulling me up, up, up into the clear blue sky.

10 minutes later

As I landed outside stark tower I could see the open portal and Loki looking up at it.

"Shut down the teasers to now or I'll destroy it!" I shouted up at Loki.

"You can't, there is no stopping it!" He shouted back. "There is only, the war."

"So be it!" I shouted back.

Loki leapt down on me, and fired his staff at me, I used my powers to block and retaliate the attack, I managed to get him over.

"Look at this! Look around you, do you think this madness will end with your rule?"

"It's too late, it's too late too stop it."

"No we can, together." I said softly

He looked at me pityingly before plunging a dagger into my side and saying "sentiment."

I groaned and dropped to the floor. I glared at Loki using my powers to lift him up and throw him off the side of the balcony.

Loki rolled off the balcony and landed on one of the aliens ships.

I looked at my side and pulled out the dagger before jumping off the balcony and joining Nat on the street.

"Hello Nat!"

"Astraea, I have something for you!" She gave me a earcom "Thanks Nat, at least now I can communicate with you lot."

I suddenly noticed banner in front of me, "banner, now would be a good time to get angry."

"That's my secret cap. I'm always angry."

With that Bruce turned round to face the monster and at the same time turning huge and green.

He smashed the flying snake, there was only one problem with that thought, it came down apon us, "hold on!" Cried stark, firing a missile at the beast, making it explode.

I created a force field around us and cap started giving orders.

"Stark make sure nothing gets past 39st if it comes your way turn it round or blow it to smithereens, Clint I want you on that roof."

"I'll need a lift then." Replied Clint looking at Tony.

"Clutch up Legolas." Tony exclaimed as he lifted Clint of the ground.

"Astraea, I need you to go to close that portal."

"Yes sir." I said as I lifted up to the sky. As I neared stark tower I saw Thor I'm a nearby skyscraper keeping the monsters from coming down.

"I need help up here guys!" I said into the intercom, "it's getting a bit to busy for my liking.

"Ok I'm on my way," I heard Natasha say.

"Do ya need a lift?" I asked "nah I've got my own way of getting there, you say and guard the portal.

I noticed Eric lying on the floor. "The sceptre." "Doctor?" I said questioningly.

"Loki's sceptre, the energy, the tesseract cant fight, it can't protect against it itself."

"It's not you fault you didn't know what you were doing."

"Actually I think I did." He said, "I built in a safely to cut the power source."

"Loki's Sceptre!" "It May be able to close the portal."

exclaimed. "Nat how you're doing, I could do with some help."

"Astraea," she said uncertainty "Nat what are you doing?"

"A little help."

"Hawkeye, do you copy?" "Yup, I've got 'im."

Hawkeye shot his arrow and Loki caught it. I sighed, of corse he caught it.

Suddenly the ship exploded and Loki fell onto the balcony of stark tower.

I watched as Nat jumped and landed swiftly next to me.

Below me I could hear Loki monologuing then a crash. Oops well at least he stopped monologuing.