Chapter 9: Boss Fight

I stepped through the portal to Beacon and saw that the walk way was barren. I looked at the time and noticed it was later then I realized, everyone was most likely doing homework or getting ready for bed. Ariana was looking around confused. I walked passed her and began going towards the dorms.

Me: "Follow."

Ariana: "What are we doing here?"

Me: "If you'd like I can take you to jail rather then here. It's just a tear away after all."

She rapidly shook her head and walked beside me.

Me: "So you saw what happened here?"

Ariana: "I didn't. Someone else did."

Me: "So more then one spy among the crowd. Fun."

Ariana: "So... you said you don't know what you are. Does that mean you're not human?"

Me: "It means I haven't the slightest clue anymore. I used to be human. Just as weak as all the rest."

Ariana: "Well some humans are very strong."

Me: "In my world, it was much different."

I opened the door to the dorm building and walked inside with my spider companion.

Me: "No one had amazing powers, there were no creatures such as Grimm. The only true threat was the person standing beside you."

Ariana: "Wait..."

She stopped walking.

Ariana: "You're actually from a different world?"

I nodded and motioned for her to keep walking.

Me: "I was stuck in a dull world full of meaningless life and death. However, it seems the feeling is universal."

Ariana: "A world without Grimm? How could you complain about that? A world without war sounds-"

Me: "I didn't say it had no war. Remember the only threat was the person beside you. There were countless wars of no importance. Death for religion, resources, a stupid superiority complex. Every race hated the rest, though we were all human. The world was bleak."

Ariana was silent, most likely stunned.

Me: "Having increased intelligence only made me realize this sooner, I hated my world. I sped up humanity's technology at least 1,000 years but I hated humanity's stupidity. Emotion and belief ruled over logic and reason. Which led to the destruction of many opportunities. So I kept my work out of the hands of any military, any country, they were for my use only. Not even the world's best soldiers and operatives could break through the security I created."

Ariana: "This world isn't much different. Grimm have destroyed opportunities for growth as well. Like Mountain Glenn."

Me: "Mountain Glenn?"

Ariana: "A city that had to be abandoned due to the concentration of Grimm."

Me: "Hm..."

Ariana: "You aren't thinking of going are you?"

Me: "I might. But later."

We finally reached the dorm room Ozpin had given me to stay in. Of course I made certain modifications to the space that it occupied.

Me: "System Command, Withdraw Key, Item ID 5707."

A keycard I crafted appeared in my hand and I held it against the digital lock, the door clicked and I opened the door. However it didn't lead to a dorm room, it led to an entire building of its own. This place was my little sanctuary. A lab, a forge, various magic equipment, a vault, an armory, even a bathhouse, everything I'd ever need.